Honored Contributor

Re: ANY BOOKS DEALING WITH THE CIA?

@ShopperL wrote:

To find some interesting books, you might what to look on the International Spy Museum store website.  They have some interesting books.

International Spy Museum Store

spymuseumstore@spymuseum.org

@ShopperL 

Interesting website!  thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I realize that some aspects of our government security  agencies aren't really talked about ...  nor should they be. 

I recently read a chapter in a book about someone who had been in the Army, then became a Police Chief, and then was recruited into the CIA.  Very interesting.

So .......  can anyone recommend any books that deal with the CIA ....  recruits, operatives, etc? 

TIA!

Trusted Contributor

The book I finished today was about the CIA.  It's House Justice by Mike Lawson.  It was good!  The action is all in the US, however, not overseas.

Honored Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

The book I finished today was about the CIA.  It's House Justice by Mike Lawson.  It was good!  The action is all in the US, however, not overseas.

@sandy53 

Is it fiction or non-fiction?  

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sandy53 wrote:

@sandy53 

Is it fiction or non-fiction?  

Fiction.  Political mystery/thriller.

Honored Contributor

@sandy53 

I just looked up Mike Lawson on fictfact dot com and see that he has written 15 books in the Joe DeMarco series.  Are you reading the whole series?  

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sandy53 

I just looked up Mike Lawson on fictfact dot com and see that he has written 15 books in the Joe DeMarco series.  Are you reading the whole series?  

Yes.  I have read the first 5.  I did not like book #3, but I am glad I continued.  I like contemporary books set in the USA with smart characters, lots of action, and a little romance.  These fit that criteria.  And they are fairly reasonably priced for kindle.  I am not planning to binge read them because I also have new releases coming from my public library, but I like having a good book ready on my kindle.

Honored Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sandy53 

Yes.  I have read the first 5.  I did not like book #3, but I am glad I continued.  I like contemporary books set in the USA with smart characters, lots of action, and a little romance.  These fit that criteria.  And they are fairly reasonably priced for kindle.  I am not planning to binge read them because I also have new releases coming from my public library, but I like having a good book ready on my kindle.

@sandy53 

After reading a few other reviews, I have ordered books 1 and 2.   Thanks for the suggestion!