Honored Contributor

Re: A couple problems with books being mixed in with TV and movies

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

I know lots of people have already tried, but what's one more.  I'm feeling lucky today so this is the thread I started:

PLEASE MODS WE NEED A SEPARATE BOOK FORUM PLEASE

I've been reading the threads requesting a seperate book forum that LoriLori and several others have been posting in the Suggestion Box forum. I can see how your threads get lost in this new combined forum, so I wanted to share with you how we got our WEN  hair care forum back (it was in the Beauty forum). 

From what I can gather, the Suggestion Box forum is the best place to make a forum change request. Well, someone from our board started a thread on the Suggestion Box forum asking for our forum back. Then a lot of the Wen posters started posting on this thread asking for their forum back. For maximum results, we all hearted each other's posts. The result was that we got our forum back. It's now a sub-forum in the My Favorite Brand forum. -- I think the key may be for you all to make your requests to this one PLEASE MODS WE NEED A SEPARATE BOOK FORUM PLEASE thread and the  BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS! thread... and to be be consistant and persistant about it. 

Best of luck!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

How about using the "tags".  You know like the code word for what you want. Haven't used it for awhile, so I'd have to double check on it, but I think you can.

Like "books", "movies", TV same. Possible other option. ??

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

How about using the "tags".  You know like the code word for what you want. Haven't used it for awhile, so I'd have to double check on it, but I think you can.

Like "books", "movies", TV same. Possible other option. ??

It sounds like a good idea. In fact, until we got our forum, back that's what we did at first. There were problems with the TAG system though: 

* Each person had to tag every one of their posts. Posts which wer not tagged did not wind up in the tagged forum. It wasn't enough to have the initial post in a thread tagged. Some people got discouraged and went back to the reading through all of the posts in the main Beauty forum. 

* New member had no idea that we had a tagged forum, so they couldn't find us either. 

During the period that we were without a proper forum, I'm guessing that posting probably dropped about 75% (or maybe more).

-- bebe Smiley Happy