Respected Contributor

A couple problems with books being mixed in with TV and movies

It's such a challenge to find book-related threads--especially if you're trying to find one from a week ago.

I had asked for some ideas concerning books dealing with armchair travel. I had received several responses, and wanted to forward them to a friend, but do you think I could find my thread? Not for a while!

In hunting for my thread, though, I did find other book-related topics I had somehow missed ("somehow" because they were stuck in a morass of TV/movie topics).

It's so inefficient! Why can't the forums be divided better? Is it so difficult?

Honored Contributor

Re: A couple problems with books being mixed in with TV and movies

Heck, that isn't even the problem. I can't find any of my posts or answers to ANYTHING. But oh boy, they still have  my threads and posts from MONTHS ago. I see them every bloody time I open the forums. Every single day there they are-months old. I am so sick of this.

Esteemed Contributor

Since they're all in the same forum, it would be nice if the OPs included "book," "TV," or "movie" at the beginning of their thread titles.  Something like this:

BOOK: (title of thread)

TV: (title of thread)

MOVIE:  (title of thread)

I think adding that one-word topic to the beginning of the title could make it easier to sort through the threads.  Plus, we could use those in the tags when we start a new thread.

Respected Contributor

HERE is your earlier thread.

Respected Contributor

Another thing I don't understand is that no one from QVC is responding to our pleas for a book forum. If it used to exist, why can't it exist again?

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Since they're all in the same forum, it would be nice if the OPs included "book," "TV," or "movie" at the beginning of their thread titles.  Something like this:

BOOK: (title of thread)

TV: (title of thread)

MOVIE:  (title of thread)

I think adding that one-word topic to the beginning of the title could make it easier to sort through the threads.  Plus, we could use those in the tags when we start a new thread.

I did suggest this about a month ago.  Start your message with the word  BOOK.

Honored Contributor

I've tried to remember to do that when I START a new one.  I can't always remember to do it.

The problem with that is when you put that in first an old one doesn't often come up so we can post on it.

Esteemed Contributor

At the top of every thread, to the right of the red REPLY button, you'll see the words Topic Options. Click on that, and you can "float" the thread to the top, so when you click on Books, TV, and Movies, your "floated" topic will be up on the very top. You can do that with as many threads as you like. I do that all the time, and it saves a lot of frustration. 

And yes, I totally agree that we are being ignored by QVC to add us our Book Board. We worked so hard to get it on the last board, and it worked so well for us. It's like they don't give a **** about us readers, who are the most peaceful and friendliest people on the message boards. 

Maybe we have to write to QVC again, give them a gentle nudge (or a bop on the head) and ask for our own board again. Here's hoping. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Sunala, the "float" option only works when you're signed in.  And since they don't let you stay signed in for long anymore...

It's gotten so I don't read or post on the book threads and that's a shame.  I have gotten so much from them.  I'm going to Suggestion Box right now to throw it out there again.  Maybe we need a change.org petition LOL.

Honored Contributor

I know lots of people have already tried, but what's one more.  I'm feeling lucky today so this is the thread I started:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Suggestion-Box/PLEASE-MODS-WE-NEED-A-SEPARATE-BOOK-FORUM-PLEASE-PLEASE/m...