Contributor

A Really Good $ .99 cent book on Amazon

I binged on quite a few westward pioneer-type books. Many recounted

true but horrendously violent clashes between settlers and native tribes. Not this one:

By Ox Team to California

Lavinia Honeywell Porter 

She, Lavinia, recounts her trip with her husband, brother and very young son.  They do meet up with tribes along the way.  This is an extremely well-written biographical account.  I was captivated by her writing at 21 years of age--so much so, that I searched  to see if she had written anything else. She had not. I would certainly have read it.

If you want historical nonfiction, really well-written, I recommend.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Really Good $ .99 cent book on Amazon

@Elri I  I just purchased the hardcover for 4.99. This is not normally the type of book I would read, but I liked that it is nonfiction, and you made it sound interesting. Thank you😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Contributor

1. I truly hope you like it,

2.  I admire your compassion and understanding in other postings. You have a pure heart.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Elri I  That's really kind of you to say. Thank you😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Contributor

@SandySparkles 

You are most welcome🌸

Thiis wasn't the type of book I would normally read, either, but I binged on a few books about the westward movement and learned so many things.  When I read some of the heart-wrenching, disturbing tales, they would stay with me, so I stopped.  

This particular book is such a pleasant, easy read.  Lavinia's writing is so natural and fluid  (21 yrs old!).   I would read it late at night before sleep  (because there weren't any violent raids or killings) and I would look forward to continuing the next night.  

I read it on a kindle my sil gave me because It's much easier on my eyes.  But, I much prefer holding a book, carrying it with me, rereading parts I like.  

Nothing like getting lost in a good story,  

Bon jour,  little Sandy🌞