Respected Contributor

Re: 3/10/17: I'm having 2nd thoughts about my Voyage

@Big Sister  I  read in bed, but I'm sitting up not lying down.  I think the case gives me something to hang on to so I don't inadvertently tap some part of the kindle if I don't mean to.  I really like having the case.  The cover folds back flat so you don't have to use it as a stand.  Hope that helps.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Big Sisterplease give it a chance. If you go to YouTube, there are dozens of "how to" videos to help you with your new Kindle. Check them out; I'm sure they will help you. Good luck!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tribesters  Hi, thank you for your reply.  Please tell me what is the "haptic" response that I could turn up or down in settings?

Should I assume that by adjusting the haptic response, I could regulate the amount of pressure needed to turn a page?  Is that right?

TIA

P.S.  Can I get to settings by "clicking" on the gear-looking icon at the drop down panel at the top of the screen?

I did not spend any time today "playing" with the Voyage.  Maybe tomorrow I can.

Respected Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

@Big Sister  I  read in bed, but I'm sitting up not lying down.  I think the case gives me something to hang on to so I don't inadvertently tap some part of the kindle if I don't mean to.  I really like having the case.  The cover folds back flat so you don't have to use it as a stand.  Hope that helps.  

smokey, if I keep the Voyage, I will definitely look to buying the origami case.  Thanks for the tips.

Trusted Contributor

@Big Sister

Go to:

Settings- yes it's the one that looks like a gear.

Reading options

Page Press

Turn Page Press On

Pressure Settings- select the amount of pressure required to turn a page (Low, Medium or High).

Arrow back & you can also adjust the Feedback Settings.This is the little "buzz" you feel when you successfully pressed enough to turn the page.

Then use the sides of the kindle to turn pages instead of touching screen. There are lines on both sides that turn page & above it you press to turn back a page. 

Hope this helps! 

Respected Contributor

@Tribesters   Thank you.  I did what you suggested and was able to reset those to my liking.

Super Contributor

@NickNack I have a Kindle paperwhite for a couple of months & a full charge lasts 3-4 hours reading. I'm thinking or either returning it or ask for a replacement.  Per the description it should last over a month. I don't know if I got a lemon.

Honored Contributor

@kitty45 wrote:

@NickNack I have a Kindle paperwhite for a couple of months & a full charge lasts 3-4 hours reading. I'm thinking or either returning it or ask for a replacement.  Per the description it should last over a month. I don't know if I got a lemon.

@kitty45  Is your wireless turned off?  It sounds like you got a lemon.  My charge lasts much longer than that.  I've never figured out how long it lasts, but I don't have to charge it frequently.  I would ask for a replacement.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kitty45 wrote:

@kitty45- first of all, it could be that you have it on wireless instead of airplane mode. You really only need to turn on the wireless when you're downloading a book. Reading with the wireless on will use up a LOT of power, so always keep it on airplane mode if you're just reading.

And, when they tell you it should last over a month, they're not being honest. It only holds a charge for about 8 hours on airplane mode.  You can't measure usage by a month or a week; it's only how many hours you keep it on. So if you read 4 hours a day, well you'd better keep that charger ready because you're going to need it soon.

Before you ask for a replacement, count how many hours you're reading (on AIRPLANE MODE) before the power is used up, and then you'll have a better idea.

Hope that helps!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

@sunala @NickNack.  I didn't think about turning off wi-fi.  I'll do that & charge it & see. 

Thanks much