Stay in Touch
Get sneak previews of special offers & upcoming events delivered to your inbox.
TARTE BEAUTY IN THE BASICS SWEEPSTAKES
QVC, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is sponsoring the TARTE BEAUTY IN THE BASICS SWEEPSTAKES ("Sweepstakes"). This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor whose decisions shall be final and binding.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia, excluding Rhode Island, who are 18 years or older as of date of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor and their parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings and spouses) and their same household members are not eligible. Void outside of the United States and District of Columbia, and where prohibited by law. Void in Rhode Island and Puerto Rico. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes, on your mobile device via the Facebook mobile app (“Facebook”) or by mail. To enter the Sweepstakes by mail, send your name, address, and daytime telephone number on a standard 4 inch by 6 inch postcard addressed to tarte Beauty in the Basics Sweepstakes Studio Park Mail Code 201, West Chester, PA 19380 (“Mail Entry”). To enter the Sweepstakes via Facebook, complete the following steps:
By submitting a Facebook Entry or Mail Entry, you are signifying that you have read, understand and agree to these Official Rules.
Limit of two (2) entries per person during the entry period either by Mail or Online. Any person who attempts to participate with entries in excess of these entry limitations will be disqualified. Any other attempted form of Sweepstakes entry is void. Any person who attempts to participate under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter in excess of this entry limitation will be disqualified; use of programmed, automated or like means of entry is prohibited. All duplicate entries will be discarded. Use of multiple email addresses or Facebook accounts by the same individual to enter is prohibited and such multiple entries shall be voided. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the mobile device associated with the Facebook account of the entry, which the entrant will have the obligation to establish. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, or undelivered entries, including without limitation inability to access QVC’s or the entrant’s Facebook account, or entries not timely received due to telephone failures, Internet or website failures and disruptions, and Internet service provider problems. Incomplete information may result in disqualification of entry. No entries may be effected on behalf of someone else. All Mail Entries are the non-returnable property of Sponsor. All eligible entries carry an equal chance of winning.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on or about May 11, 2015 at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends at 11:59 pm ET on May 13, 2015 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Facebook Entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm ET on May 13, 2015. All Mail Entries must be postmarked by May 13, 2015 and received by May 15, 2015.
4. WINNER DETERMINATION: Winners will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries and will occur on or about May 15, 2015. Sponsor reserves the right to delay the random drawing. The number of eligible entries received will determine the odds of winning. Winning entries are subject to validation.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Sponsor or a representative of Sponsor shall contact Potential Winner via Facebook on or about May 15, 2015. Potential Winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and (where legal) an affidavit of publicity prior to receiving the prize. Potential Winners will have forty-eight hours from the time he/she is contacted to respond and accept the prize. Noncompliance with the time period described above will result in disqualification and an alternate winner selected. Potential Winners may be required to present proof of identification prior to claiming prize. Acceptance of any prize shall require acceptance of the terms of these Official Rules and shall grant Sponsor the right to use Winner’s first name, last name and city and state of residence for any publicity associated with this Sweepstakes.
PRIZE: (1) Grand prize winner will receive a tarte Beauty in the Basics 6pc. Color Collection:
Retail Value: $47.00
(3) tagged friends will each receive a tarte Beauty in the Basics 6 pc. Color Collection:
Retail Value: $47.00
If a Winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize he/she will be disqualified and the prize forfeited; and, in such event, an alternate Winner shall be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received. Prize cannot be substituted or transferred by Winner. If a Prize must be forfeited, Winner will not be given the cash value of the prize. Prize Winner is solely responsible for all expenses not expressly included. All taxes are the responsibility of the Winner. Winner and/or parent or legal guardian may be required to sign an IRS Form 1099, Form W-9, or the equivalent for all prizes valued at $600 or greater, or for any prize as to which Sponsor, in their sole discretion, believes it is warranted. Prize provided by QVC, Inc.
6. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision. “Released Parties” (as defined in Rule 8) are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Facebook service that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, restrictions or conditions on Sponsor's ability to use the service for the Sweepstakes) or ability of entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions beyond their control, or for technical failures of any kind beyond their control, including but not limited to electronic malfunction, programming errors or failures, or damage or failure of any network, mobile device, hardware or software. If for any reason the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part) is not capable of running as planned, as solely determined by Sponsor, including, but not limited to, by infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures or any other problems beyond Sponsor's control that can corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or disqualify any individual who tampers with (or attempts to tamper with) the registration process/operation of the Sweepstakes. In any such event, Sponsor shall conduct the Sweepstakes and make the Sweepstakes prize available to be won in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of cancellation/termination/ modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on www.qvc.com. Tampering (as referenced above) includes but is not limited to use of any unauthorized apparatus (be it hardware, software, mobile device, or otherwise) to participate in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to (or any problems or technical malfunctions of) any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, hardware, software, failure of any email, tag or comment to be received/properly recorded on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or mobile service provider, or any combination thereof. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes or the Website. Further, Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes.
Participants further agree not to damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE OR AN INDIVIDUAL OTHERWISE ATTEMPTS TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
7. CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating, participants agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies , and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, loss or damage to person(s) or property arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize. By accepting the prize, Winner authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including on the World Wide Web and Internet, in perpetuity, at any time or times, in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material relating to this Sweepstakes or on a Winner's List (if applicable) without additional compensation or notice, review or approval (unless prohibited by law). Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without obligation or compensation.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RELEASED PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
8. DISPUTES: Arbitration/Choice Of Law: To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prize, or the determination of the Winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes (if any) but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of Philadelphia, County of Philadelphia.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of prize winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope tarte Beauty in the Basics Sweepstakes, QVC Studio Park Mail Code 201, West Chester, PA 19380.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
Get sneak previews of special offers & upcoming events delivered to your inbox.
Thanks, you're all signed up!
QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.
© 1995-2022 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. | QVC, Q and the Q logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc. 888-345-5788