Respected Contributor

Re: ""you smell good! What is that?'

My co-worker wears a real nice soft fragrance and she said its a lotion and its called Paris by Lancome. She has said that for years and the other day she said she asked her DH to buy her a bottle of Paris lotion for Christmas. My niece works at Macy's at the Lancome counter and she said they never sold a lotion or perfume by that name. But my co-worker says its Paris by Lancome. I think she has the maybe the wrong company by the Paris name. But whatever it is it smells nice.

Valued Contributor

On 12/20/2014 cuddlesmama said:

My co-worker wears a real nice soft fragrance and she said its a lotion and its called Paris by Lancome. She has said that for years and the other day she said she asked her DH to buy her a bottle of Paris lotion for Christmas. My niece works at Macy's at the Lancome counter and she said they never sold a lotion or perfume by that name. But my co-worker says its Paris by Lancome. I think she has the maybe the wrong company by the Paris name. But whatever it is it smells nice.

Paris is by Yves Saint Laurent. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I am always asked that when I wear La Vie Est Belle-love it and it must go really well with my body chemistry, and also when I wear Michael by Michael Kors, both are warm fragrances and I have noticed over the years that is the type of fragrance that meshes well with my body chemistry. I just purchased Jimmy Choo, will do a review after I have had a chance to wear it a while!!!!!!!!Everyone's body chemistry is different so what may smell good on someone else isn't necessarily going to smell like that on you!

Frequent Contributor

On 12/20/2014 cuddlesmama said:

Could it be Paris Amour (B&BW)? I have a mini lotion and spray, and it is a soft fragrance. That name doesn't sound familiar with Lancome, but not that I'm up on all of their fragrances. As someone mentioned, some people don't want to give out the real name to those that they're around a lot, for obvious reasons.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I regularly get compliments when I wear Philosophy Amazing Grace, Summer Grace, Living Grace and Falling In Love. In fact, I get more compliments now than I did in the past, especially since I started layering the scents (Olive Oil Scrub, Body Oil Spray, Whipped Body Creme and Fragrance Spray). I get compliments as I walk past someone, or when I am sitting on the train next to someone during the evening commute. Last week, I wore Falling In Love and my husband hugged my before dinner and told me how nice I smelled, it was so sweet!! Its funny but whenever I use other fragrance brands over the years, I have never received a comment, good or bad, even when I've tried high end luxury parfums from Nordstrom or other stores LOL.
Honored Contributor

I think it was Flowerbomb, Angel or Unconditional love, LOL. I don't get compliments too often on my fragrance, but it's usually Angel or Flowerbomb.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

Although I don't mind a light scent I can't stand to be near anyone, woman or man, with too much perfume/cologne on. White Diamonds is probably the worse, I can smell it feet away from the person wearing it. My thinking is have respect for those who may have allergies, etc. and go light on the scents.

Honored Contributor

Beware of ""May I ask what perfume you're wearing?""

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Caffeina said:

Last year I was grocery shopping in Walmart. An older employee passed me in the aisle, and I caught a whiff of something really nice. When I was in the next aisle, I saw her again and purposely moved near to try to make sure I really liked what I was smelling. I had to ask her what it was, and was shocked to find out it was White Diamonds. I had a still sealed bottle that was a Christmas gift from at least five years before, I thought I wouldn't like it. That evening I finally opened it and started using it.

That's the only time I remember stopping a stranger and asking.

My sister-in-law wears White Diamonds and it smells so clean and good on her. Does not work with my chemistry, smells awful on me. But I have been followed and asked when I wear Amazing Grace which to date does smell the best on me. Close second is DK Cashmere Mist.

Super Contributor

there was a lady at my job years ago that always smelt so good. It was the kind of fragrance that made you want to linger by that person. She wouldnt tell me what she wore. I wore her down eventually. Guess what it was? Tova!! This was before the q bought Tova out. Thats how I started buying from the q. I'm going to have to give Tova another try. Gosh I miss that scent.