Honored Contributor

Re: would appreciate recs for new facial cleanser

I appreciate all the suggestions and the time you took to post them. I'll be checking with Principal Secret again on the 16th and if it's still showing backordered then, I'm going to have to try something new. I'm almost out.

There's two listings on Ebay for what I use, but the price is ridiculous. And they're for one bottle each. I buy her cleansers 10 at a time.

I really want something that I can just keep by the sink and another bottle in the shower. Wet my face, put it on and it takes off all face and eye makeup. I want it to be really simple. And, again, fragrance is an issue for me. I need very little to no fragrance.

If I can't find something I like that will also take off eye makeup, I do have a bottle of Sonia Karshuk Eye Makeup Remover that I like.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I found one many months ago that I love (tried it after read rave reviews about it here) and I have no desire to stray from it as long as it's out there. It's hard to find in brick and mortar stores, but I just ordered five bottles from the Neutrogena website. It's the Neutrogena One Step Gentle Cleanser.

Edited to say: I'm 61 with dry skin.

Honored Contributor

I like Oil of Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin. I use Neutrogena eye makeup remover first.

Honored Contributor

Simple Foaming cleanser from drugstore.

Valued Contributor

I am fickle with cleansers, but I've been very happy with Tatcha (takes off all MU). I also keep an Aveeno gentle scrub and cleanser in the shower. First Aid Beauty makes a nice cleanser, too.Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

I'm not loyal to any cleanser. I use Skinn's a.m. and p.m. and I really like SSC cleansers. I really like Philosophy Purity and Microdelivery for a.m. and p.m., but have recently learned they test on animals so no more Philosophy for me. That's a deal breaker.

Valued Contributor

Purity made simple, by philosophy, love it takes everything off. I also use it with my clarisonic. I have used Clinique mild soap, hubby uses this, it is good too.
Respected Contributor

I like Neutrogena cleanser (comes in a blue pump bottle).

I got an e-mail from Paula's Choice today and she's having free shipping on everything. Her cleansers are very good also.

Valued Contributor

In the winter, I need hydration and moisture....I have switched to Ponds Cleansing Crème. I used it decades ago and you can either tissue or rinse off. I have a jar in the shower and use it with a buff puff. My skin is very smooth and the moisture barrier maintained.