Honored Contributor
On 1/5/2015 OC FRESH said:
On 1/3/2015 rebel said:

Last Christmas Eve as we were going out the door for church, my husband couldn't find his cell phone.

I found it with a text message from his MISTRESS.

Needless to say, my Christmas was ruined. It confirmed he was having an affair even though he denied it.

The short story is now I am going through a divorce.

Worst Christmas memory ever.

That's horrible. How men can do such terrible things and really never feel guilt is beyond me.

Oh no rebel...just horrible! I have not had the time to read back...hope no one else had a terrible experience like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor
On 1/6/2015 homecoming queen said: I was very fortunate. My mother-in-law was generous, although not considered wealthy. About 15 years ago she gave me a beautiful art deco ring in platinum with 27 near flawless diamonds. I treasure it and think of her everytime I wear it. But, her best gift of all is the gift of her son, my husband of 46 years. He's the real gem!

She sounds wonderful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/6/2015 homecoming queen said: I was very fortunate. My mother-in-law was generous, although not considered wealthy. About 15 years ago she gave me a beautiful art deco ring in platinum with 27 near flawless diamonds. I treasure it and think of her everytime I wear it. But, her best gift of all is the gift of her son, my husband of 46 years. He's the real gem!

Lovely. Continued happiness with your best friend.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/3/2015 rebel said:

Last Christmas Eve as we were going out the door for church, my husband couldn't find his cell phone.

Needless to say, my Christmas was ruined. It confirmed he was having an affair even though he denied it.

I just read this. I'm so sorry, Rebel. I can't tell you how many situations I've observed where the person who was victimized / wronged / deceived, etc., eventually lived a better and more satisfying life than the scoundrel. The best revenge is a good life. I trust you'll have much better days ahead. Blessings

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor
On 1/6/2015 ury said:
On 1/3/2015 rebel said:

I just read this. I'm so sorry, Rebel. I can't tell you how many situations I've observed where the person who was victimized / wronged / deceived, etc., eventually lived a better and more satisfying life than the scoundrel. The best revenge is a good life. I trust you'll have much better days ahead. Blessings

So sorry that happened to you. You deserve better and, in time, your life will be better.

Regular Contributor

A sly relative who re-gifts to absurdity. She gives several gifts for a holiday or birthday thinking it looks like she spent a lot of money

This year it was a gift card that included the credit activation slip from the store where it was purchased. It was purchased 4 days prior to her birthday a few months ago at a hardware store near her. I doubt she was thinking of me 4 days before her birthday at a hardware store. Someone was thinking of her 4 days before her birthday and purchased the gift card for her.

Additionally I was given a necklace in a jeweler's box from a store near her. She forgot that she had told me her friend purchased this for her a year previous for her birthday and that she did not want it, but did not want to hurt her friend's feelings, so she kept it. This Christmas she passed it on to me.

This year she threw in one newbie gift. It was a Calvin Klein sweatshirt, on sale, she always includes the price tag with a clothing item with no effort to remove the price.

So all of these goods actually cost her $18.00 and the postage required to send them to me.

She is not poor. She travels, spends considerable amounts of money on her home, eating out and entertaining.

Super Contributor

Thank you all so very much for your kind, uplifting and positive thoughts and words.

It means so much.

It is a rough time for me. I have to believe that eventually I will be ok and in a peaceful, happy place.

He is an angry, volatile person and will probably and always be miserable.

Frequent Contributor
On 12/20/2014 Furry said:

I wonder why Mothers-in-law buy such insulting gifts?

Probably because a lot of MILs do not like their DILs. But they're passive aggressive about it. It's always nice when I hear about sweet MILs.