Super Contributor

I feel bad for the child who did not get a thank you note from that mean teacher. Too bad she did not know her kids better, who was rich and who wasn't. My 1st grade teacher came to my home and delivered a handwritten thank you for the box of turtles and hankies from me, or my mom I should say! I will never forget Miss Connelly from Table Mound Elementry School.....

My worst gift was a $20 bill from my boyfriend that I used for gas. We broke up that Spring....I bought him 5 things since we had been going out 2 years...When I get junk I toss it in the trash with no thought--that is why I can't really remember any more!

Occasional Contributor

My brother's wife gives my sister and I gift bags that include a calendar with everyone's birthday written on it. The year my mother died of breast cancer, my sister-in-law took my mom off the calendar. The year my son had a nearly fatal motorcycle accident, she left his name off. (I was horrified, because I was afraid it was an omen.) Once I calmed down and started going through it, I realized she had everyone on her side of the family listed on the correct date - but she'd also left my brother/her husband off. They're still married, but I don't even look at the calendars any more.

Contributor

Well I have read all the posts and while the competition was stiff for the worst gift, IMHO the prize goes to the box of Kotex and breast cancer pamphlet. I am just ASTOUNDED!

Honored Contributor

My MIL gave me personalized stationary with my name spelled wrong......two Christmases in a row!

Super Contributor
On 12/20/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

Worst Christmas gift ever..... happened many years ago. My 9 year old told me on Christmas Eve that daddy had a girlfriend. We were still married and I though it was a good marriage!! Needless to say, he was single soon after.

Sounds a bit familiar. My ex told me Xmas Eve (at his family's Xmas party) that he had a girlfriend and he was so much in love with her. The following Xmas Eve I gave him divorce papers. His GF is still married to her husband.

Valued Contributor
My mother in law gave me a framed picture of herself!
New Contributor

My husband gave me a bikini bathing suit two sizes too small. I had just had surgery on my stomach and had a big long scar which would have been awful to show. Really? OMG so glad I got rid of him.

Respected Contributor
On 12/22/2014 RealLoisLane said:

Christmas Eve 1985. My sisters and I opened a gift from our step-mother that contained a box of Kotex (I was 21 years old) and a breast cancer pamphlet.

I am sorry but that made me laugh out loud

Respected Contributor

Oh my ex fiance was real cheap.

At the last second he went to the dollar store and got me a dvd of the 3 stooges and i did not even own a dvd player I wa so mad i made him drive home and bring me his dvd player and watched it lol Another year i wanted jewelry. He know I am allergic to costume jewelry and I can only wear gold. He gave me the most awful dime store cracker jack box cr*p imaginable. Another year I wanted a stereo. Nothing too expensive it was well under $100 instead he got me the ugliest boom box tat noone on earth would ever want. Funny its about 10 years later and i still have it collecting a lot of dust

Trusted Contributor
WOW,some of these are so FUNNY and some SAD and some both at the same time.