Super Contributor

I just spotted a very small whithead on my bottom eyelid. Can a eye dr remove it? Sorry if its a dumb question but i have never had one. Thanks

Honored Contributor

I would ask the eye doctor, he will know exactly what it is and how to treat it, it may be a sign of something else.

Super Contributor

It looks like milia. I had it on my lip once but after a few weeks it went away. I hope this does.

Valued Contributor

I get them once in awhile.  It seems to happen when I use some eye creams.  I'm not even going to tell you how I get rid of them....

Esteemed Contributor

I had one appear on outer edge of one eye late last year.  Had a appointment w/doc in Dec needed new glasses  - I decided not to mention it and see what she would say.  She never said a word - and it disappeared around Feb, or that's when I noticed it was gone. They come - they go.

Honored Contributor

Re: whitehead???

[ Edited ]

@plc123 wrote:

I just spotted a very small whithead on my bottom eyelid. Can a eye dr remove it? Sorry if its a dumb question but i have never had one. Thanks

I have one that I have had for several years.  Doctors have advised against removal.

Husband had one which was removed. 

Mine does not hurt.  His did.  I don't know if they were different things or not but his hurt and they removed it.  His was neither a sty nor a chalazion. 

It is not very big and I just usually disguise it with mascara and eyeliner as best I can.  Do ask a doctor about anything around your trigeminal area that needs removing and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER mash anything about your face.

Dermatologist told me it was not milia.  I have had milia removal from my face which followed a big case of shingles on my face, one side one year and the other the next year.  I know, you are not supposed to have them tiwce but I did and the reason I had to undergo testing of my immune system.

Super Contributor

Thanks. I wrote that i had never had one meaning not on  a eye lid. You can hardly see it. only saw it with a magnifying mirror. I never wear makeup on my bottom lashes so who knows where it came from.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@plc123 wrote:

Thanks. I wrote that i had never had one meaning not on  a eye lid. You can hardly see it. only saw it with a magnifying mirror. I never wear makeup on my bottom lashes so who knows where it came from.

@plc123   My husband never wears eye makeup and he had one something.  He, however, does have a triple thickness of very long lashes.

Honored Contributor

I've had one as well.  I mentioned it to my eye doctor and she said they will go away.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had one that lasted quite a while....then just went away; dr said just leave it alone. Styes, blocked tear duct, milia, can all effect the lower lash line.  I would see the dr if it is painful or gets bigger. I do have to avoid serums or oils around my eyes; that seems to make them appear in my experience.