Esteemed Contributor

Re: which is better Isomers Matrixyl 4 or Lancome genifique-

Hello @SandGirl ,

Firstly, nothing otc / drugstore. 

No harsh exfoliating -any brand..any cost- but can do a wee bit of Maran's shake fine powder mixed with a Very gentle cream cleanser: I have great faith using almost anything in the Dermalogical line, and if possible, the wording Professional which is very difficult too find.

I purchase two of everything I use at one time. Shelf life is usually 3 years.

I must explain the brand is quite out of the usual price line, but well worth for me.

Please understand there are as many pricey products sold here ...cannot use any.

I've tried at least 4, here at Qv's. 

Since I was 14, I have taken A1 care of my skin and I am reaping the benefits, along with no sun.

I believe my skin is very healthy, balance and pretty, and hope to keep it going as the years come and go.  I am asked every time when out- what do you use? 

It's the consistency finding what works for me and staying with a regular beauty routine.. never broken regiment, 

I hope this may be of some helpful information. My skin changes on a dime about every four years.

Also, I use a soft GENTLE Facial cloth sold here for face cleansing and very warm water-never hot.

I purchased 20 "Fresh Face" special soft cloths in 2018's / ONLY the Campanelli brand, not just any micro cloth.  

Thank you for asking, NAES  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Genifique did nothing for me, I think there is only a minimum of active ingredients in it. 

Super Contributor

I used Isomers for years. I still have many bottles, that haven't been opened. I don't think this brand has done anything for me. It sure hasn't prevented the owner from aging. I thought that serums were better than creams, but I don't think that way anymore. I just switched back to Dr. Denese Hydroshield Face Serum, facial pads, day cream, and eye cream. For night, I use Skinn Cosmetics Pep 40. I'm done shopping around!

Honored Contributor

Lancôme products are too fragranced for me. I like the Matrixyl 4

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I love Isomers Matriyxl-4. Have been using it over a year or more.

I love it. My mouth looked horrible since I looked like a sad puppy all the time with the drooping corners of my mouth. The Matrixyl has really helped where nothing else has. I don't have to smile now so I don't look so sad. LOL!!! Yes I still have wrinkles there but it looks so much better. I'm not expecting miracles. It does not work overnight. I'm amazed at the difference it has made for me.

I don't use Lancome products because I cannot deal with the fragrance.

@Nightowlz  I have been resisting since I have had to cut down on my skin care, when I got going on Isomers I was using way to many products and my skin told me how unhappy it was and I got super sensitive and my skin looked like a mess (which has never happened to me) So, now I am just cleansing, ONE SERUM ONLY and Moisturizer  - Would you say the Matrixyl could be a stand alone serum for day and night use? Also, do you think sensitive skin would be okay with it in your opinion?

@SandGirl 

I have been using it at night. I usually use her glutathisome in the morning.

I don't see anything wrong with using only that for day/night. Sometimes that's all I use.

My skin is some what sensitive & I don't have any problems with it. I can't say how it will work for you.

All I know is it works for me. The Matrixyl-4 are see a difference products for me.

Valued Contributor

After much checking and looking at the pros and cons.  I am going to try the Matrixyl 4. So now I will check shopHq daily and see if they have a 20% off.  If any of you fine it,please let me know.  You have all been a great help.

Thanks, Lucky

Honored Contributor

Lancome products are way too fragranced for me.  I did try the Genefique once because I got a 7 day sample set from HSN with an order.  It broke my skin out something horrible.