Not applicable

what to use when you are on a very tight budget.

I'm not sure what to give up or whether I should just start over with a new line that you can pay half prices.

Need recommendations. Please

Frequent Contributor

Re: what to use when you are on a very tight budget.

We need more info as to what your needs are, type of skin, etc.

Honored Contributor

Look at what Sally's Beauty Supply has available.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Hi Rugmama,

Yes Perricone can be very pricey. I can only give you my own experience, but I have tried different skincare lines over the years, but most of my go-tos are from Perricone. I would suggest trying different lines for your own peace of mind. I just read an article on a new serum from Boots #7 Skincare Line that DOES diminish fine lines and wrinkle and only costs around $30.00 and you can get it at a Walgreens or Target store. I was going to give that a try. I have also use CE Ferulic from Skinceuticals that I love. I say try different lines.

Good luck and keep us posted if you find anything,

asltw

Frequent Contributor

If you want to stay with Perricone try one of his kits with the smaller sizes. They are reasonably priced and you get a nice selection. I also agree with the others, try some other lines see how they work, but try to get kits or trial size kits. Those save a little money. Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

Check out Perricone resale on the Bay.

I use a lot less moisturizer in the summer; that saves $.

Respected Contributor

Why contribute to Perricone's bank account if you have to skimp to get by? Make zero senseSmiley Sad

Super Contributor

I totally agree with Skylands. You don't need expensive products to get the effects that you want. Sunscreen is #1--a must have/must use rain or shine. I like the new Neutrogenia Sensitive foaming cleanser for my super sensitive skin; I love Atopalm as a daily moisturizer; I buy mine on lovelyskin.com (no tax/free s&h). None of these are expensive.

Honored Contributor

I tried his stuff when it was a TSV, and it gave me contact dermatitis. However, I have had good luck with PTR. "Experts" say that the cleanser you use can be very inexpensive, because it isn't on your face for very long. I used to use Aveeno cleansers, but now I am doing oil cleansing with olive oil and castor oil, so there is one huge savings. I really like PTR night cream, but I have also done well with Eucerin, so I mix it up sometimes or I put the Eucerin on my hands/chest and the PTR on my face.

It is highly rated for a drugstore item.

I like the PTR peel pads and the peeling gel, so I will repurchase when my TSV price expires. I also like his tinted moisturizer, but found that it was a little orange for my coloring, so I substituted with an Aveeno tinted moisturizer from the drugstore when my TSV expired.

This gives the SPF that I need when I don't use mineral makeup.

Overall, I would spend money on the "treatment" products and save on the cleansers and moisturizers or make up. If you can, sometimes the "discovery" kits are a good value to buy small quantities of those products that you think make the most difference.