Valued Contributor

Re: what's the best eyeshadow base you've ever used?

Surprisingly, Avon's Mark eye primer. I have tried many, and this is by far the best. My lids are neither oily nor dry, but I find that some primers are too thick and hard to spread, causing tugging and uneven application. The Mark price is right and it is creamy, yet manages not the crease. You can't beat the price.

Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle My lids are also a bit droopy, crepey and oily. I have used Urban Decay Primer Potion (the original formula--there are several colors now, I think) for years and love it!  My eye makeup does not budge when I use it. I even use a little under my lower lashes to keep eyeliner in place there. A tube lasts about a year for me...you only need a little bit.

It really doesn't firm anything up...but it doesn't make it look any worse, either, lol!

Valued Contributor

@MariotaMurielle I too approve of the Laura Geller eye spackle, but not in the small tube.  She sells another one that comes in two different options, a lighter and darker, and it is the only primer that I have used for 4 or 5 years now, maybe longer.  I have tried UD and Too Faced and did not like either of those. I found there was no staying power and they did nothing to actually brighten the eyelid (or even the tone).  Laura's is tinted and really holds the shadow all day long, even the very inexpensive brands that tend to fall out everywhere.  I cannot find this on the Q website but I know Macy's and other sellers offer it.  One tube will last a very long time, I wear shadow most every day and I could go almost 8 months (approx.) with one of these.  You do not need a lot of product to cover the lid and crease.Laura Geller New York Waterproof Eye Spackle

Occasional Contributor

Budget option.  Milani Shadow Eyez shadow stick in the color Almond Cream.  You can find Milani cosmetics at most CVS or Walgreens.  They have a store locator listed on their website.

Image result for milani almond cream

Regular Contributor

Nars Pro Prime is hands down the best I have ever used!!!!  It smooths the lid and absolutely no creasing.

Trusted Contributor

Too Faced and Trish McEvoy

Esteemed Contributor

I used to use UDPP all of the time but tried ELF eyeshadow base for $1 and wore the Urban Decay primer on one lid and ELF on another. The ELF lid actually looked better at the end of the day. I have done this about 5 times, and every time the ELF lid looked better. 

I also like Too Faced but with ELF only being a $1, when my Too Faced is all used up, I don't think I will purchase again.

I find if I am using a face primer, I don't need an additional eye primer. I have tried nearly every primer on the market from low end to high end. I was even gifted a really expensive primer that cost nearly $100 and my absolute favorites are really cheap. I like ELF primer, Flower Beauty (In Your Prime) primer and Monistat Chafing Gel.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MariotaMurielle based on @ECBG and @nyc1's recommendations I ordered Laura Geller's Clear Eyelid Spackle.  I used it yesterday for the first time.  OMG!!!   This is the BEST eyeshadow primer I have ever used.  I applied my eyeshadow at 7:00AM and when I washed my face at 8:00PM my eyeshadow and liner had not budged since I had first applied it.  If I had not washed my face I am sure that it would have lasted much much longer.  It is AMAZING!!

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @MariotaMurielle based on @ECBG and @nyc1's recommendations I ordered Laura Geller's Clear Eyelid Spackle.  I used it yesterday for the first time.  OMG!!!   This is the BEST eyeshadow primer I have ever used.  I applied my eyeshadow at 7:00AM and when I washed my face at 8:00PM my eyeshadow and liner had not budged since I had first applied it.  If I had not washed my face I am sure that it would have lasted much much longer.  It is AMAZING!!

@Boehm Collector,So glad you liked it.  I went through several products (and frustration like yours) to find it!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Boehm Collector,So glad you liked it.  I went through several products (and frustration like yours) to find it!Smiley Happy

Hi @ECBG .. I really appreciated your recommendation!!!   I had used numerous eyeshadow primers that did absolutely nothing.  But this LG primer is wonderful.  Thanks so much!!!