Honored Contributor

Re: what products really work to hold a little poof in your hair?

@PinkyPetunia  It's Aquage spray thickening.  It comes out as a fine mist and you will learn to work with it and by that I mean everyone's hair is different.  I may use 4 or 5 sprays and then comb thru sometimes 6 or 7.  You may only need 3 or 4.  Read the instructions on the bottle and take it from there. I have been using for at least 5 or 6 years now.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Toppik 

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

When I had long hair, and now when I have short hair -- when I blow dry my hair, I lean over and dry my hair upside down.  Think a Nick Chavez demonstration.....     I apply a mousse to towel-dried hair, bend over, and fluff with my fingers while I dry my hair until it's almost dry.  Then stand up straight and finger fluff into place until completely dry.   Serious poof.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

I have good luck with Aveda Volume spray, Thickening Tonic, Phomollient Mousse and Tweak'd 2XL Fiber Lift Spray. 

@AmericanBulldogMom  - I watched the video for the Tweak'd Fiber Lift Spray.  It seemed to work  really well on the models.  I placed an order.  Looking forward to trying it!

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

I have good luck with Aveda Volume spray, Thickening Tonic, Phomollient Mousse and Tweak'd 2XL Fiber Lift Spray. 

@AmericanBulldogMom  - I watched the video for the Tweak'd Fiber Lift Spray.  It seemed to work  really well on the models.  I placed an order.  Looking forward to trying it!

@San Antonio Gal I hope it works just as well for you. I do short quick spritzes and don't need a lot. I put my head upside down and shake my fingers all through my roots, if that makes sense. Lol! I got my mom hooked on this stuff now too. Ha!

Honored Contributor

I think you have to have your hair layered so the top is shorter.