Trusted Contributor

Re: what is YOUR facial cleasning oil preference?

Haven't tried either of the choices in the OP or any listed by others.  

After fooling around with a olive oil and castor oil mixes and not liking the results, I found a simple and inexpensive one from Silk Naturals and I absolutely LOVE IT.  It's the Apricot Cleansing Oil, 4 oz $8.00.  I just reordered it along with my second bottle of her Vit. C serum. Fantastic products!  Karen is a joy to work with too!

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

@IcedTeaNoLemon wrote:

I am using a bottle of DHC right now but it's pretty sporadic. Used to get Shu Uemura, MAC, BB and Tatcha before. DHC is stellar - effective and affordable. In the last year, however, I gradually moved over to cleansing balms with the Emma Hardie moringa one being my absolute favorite. The Elemis Pro-Collagen one is great, too. I feel like I get the benefit of a cleansing oil with a more proper treat when using a balm.

@IntoSkincare Same with me with using BB - MAC and Tatcha..enjoy these all with DHC being my 1st Smiley Happy  Now I have several enjoying to alternate them. I also enjoy the Elemis Balm...have 2 small ones from kits - it's not heavy like some that do not rinse off well. I use the Elemis line...my skin likies it - I add SkinMedica C&E serum and others from the line and a few other serums too but something about Elemis is so special to me...and very effective that Elemis Pro-Collagen line <3 it.

DHC agree is always a good one for 1st timers due to it's efficacy and price!!  Now I'm gonna look at this one you mention which I've never heard of lol!! Emma Hardie.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

thanks for that info. I also don't like mineral oil. Back to DHC. 

Honored Contributor

I've read positive comments about the fairly new Cinique one.  I think I'm buying that during the Sephora sale. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Merciful One wrote:

Hell beauties!

Which is your favorite facial cleansing oil? Do you like the Bare Minerals or the Josie Maran? What do you like the best and least about the oils versus other methods? Inquiring minds want to know! ; )

The Bare Minerals one received very "average"  reviews from Paula B.  I take what she says with a grain of salt at times, but she was against the fragrances.  I think it may have lavender or another fragrance in it that can be irritating.  She gave rave reviews to Clinque's product.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I like the Neutrogena Ultra Light cleansing oil. It works really well, hasn't broken me out, doesn't dry my skin, is available locally, and costs a fraction of what I paid for high end cleansing oils for the same or better performance. The Garnier cleansing oil is also good, but is scented and the packaging leaks. For those reasons, I prefer the Neutrogena.

The Josie Maran cleansing oil was my least favorite of the many I've tried. It was thick and if I had even a drop of water on my face or hands, the oil would become a sticky, tarry mess that was very difficult to massage into my skin. I had to use it before I brushed my teeth or dry my face between brushing my teeth and washing my face. I did not repurchase that one and don't recommend it.

Hi Chynna.  That one, as well, received poor reviews from Paula B. I think it was due to the fragrance that can be irritating.  I was going to try that one until I read some reviews.  

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/neutrogena/_/Ultra-Light-Cleansin...

I was so surprised to see such poor ratings for Josie Maran's"

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/josie-maran-cosmetics/_/Argan-Cle...

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I like the Neutrogena Ultra Light cleansing oil. It works really well, hasn't broken me out, doesn't dry my skin, is available locally, and costs a fraction of what I paid for high end cleansing oils for the same or better performance. The Garnier cleansing oil is also good, but is scented and the packaging leaks. For those reasons, I prefer the Neutrogena.

The Josie Maran cleansing oil was my least favorite of the many I've tried. It was thick and if I had even a drop of water on my face or hands, the oil would become a sticky, tarry mess that was very difficult to massage into my skin. I had to use it before I brushed my teeth or dry my face between brushing my teeth and washing my face. I did not repurchase that one and don't recommend it.

Hi Chynna.  That one, as well, received poor reviews from Paula B. I think it was due to the fragrance that can be irritating.  I was going to try that one until I read some reviews.  

I was so surprised to see such poor ratings for Josie Maran's"

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/josie-maran-cosmetics/_/Argan-Cle...

I'm not- it was awful.

Honored Contributor

Tatcha is my favorite, but I also like Bobbi Brown's and Trish McEvoy's.......

Respected Contributor

Due to @HappyDaze & @suzieQ2's glowing endorsements for One Love Organics Cleansing Oil, I went on a hunt fo find a sale on this product.  I can't bring myself to pay such a hefty full price.  I thought I'd found it at 30% off... and actually ordered.  Unfortunately the vendor hadn't received stock after all & I was refunded.

In the meantime I wasted $20 on a highly rated cleansing oil on Amazon.  It's LAVO Organic Cleansing Oil which drank every bit of moisture out of my skin.  I had to double-up on the follow-up emollients.  That futile experiment ended up in the trash after a week- yet LAVO gets many rave reviews.

I've had good luck in the past with DHC, but more-so Bobbi Brown's Cleansing Oil using those 2 off and on for a while.  I doubt I'd ever buy DHC again... but that's another story.

After more research I received bareMinerals MINERALIXIRS FCO and will give that a run.  It's reasonably priced with what I thought was a decent ingredient deck.  From my 1st cleansing tonight my skin is really soft and smoooth... it'll probably work out fine.   I'll still be curious to try OLO once in stock & ON SALE...lol.   Rumor has it that will be Black Monday.

*sigh*  Who knows, bareMinerals may work out for me (I have probably 6 months worth in this bottle (if not more) and can go on my merry way until the next best thing comes along.

I too take PC with a grain of salt. Still, she often has valid points-- and her ingredient philosophy  (e.g. one note wonders) makes a lot of sense to me.

Trusted Contributor

I've used dhc for as long as I can remember. I have dry skin and it feels good after I use it.