Honored Contributor

Re: what is YOUR facial cleasning oil preference?

[ Edited ]

@60sgirl yes I have heard of it and use their lip and cheek product. I can't use many of their products because they contain too many irritants. However they have a cleansing oil I was really interested in but it contains arnica and I'm not real sure I would want to use a product with that ingredient regularly (same with comfrey). But this may be the one I try if, in the future, my staple ever gets discontinued. It gest 5 stars out o 49 reviews!

Nourishing oil cleanser:

Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil*, Olea europea (Olive) Oil*, Shea Butter Ethyl Esters, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil*, Argania spinosa (Argan) Kernel oil*, Plukenetia Volubilis, Jojoba Esters, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Aroma**, Medicago sativa (Alfalfa) Extract*, Arnica montana (Arnica) Leaves and flowers*, Calendula officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract*, Symphytum officinale (Comfrey) Leaves*, Borago officinalis (Borage) Leaf Extract*, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) flower Extract*, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool *Ingredients from Organic Farming

ETA: the ingredient list you posted for the regenerating cleanser is incomplete. Here is the full list from Tata's website:

Aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetearyl olivate, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil*, Sorbitan olivate, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) seed powder, Citrus paradisi (Grapefruit) peel extract,  Leuconostoc ferment filtrate (radish root extract), Oryza sativa (Rice) extract*, Lactobacillus/Punica granatum (pomegranate) fruit ferment extract, Salix alba (Willow) bark extract*, Kaolin (Rose Clay), Sclerotium gum, Coco-glucoside, Cetearyl glucoside, Cetyl palmitate, Sorbitan palmitate, Soybean peroxidase, Superoxide dismutase, Sodium phytate, Aroma**, Citral, Limonene, Linaloo

ETA: where are you getting the ingredients you listed for the cleansing oil? I got my list from Tata's website and I do not see some of the ingredients you posted, like the rosa canina oil.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze

since I can't post a link here, it came up on FB newsfeed under Organic Spa then clicked that link which took me to abchome.com which has a beauty and wellness category, there is where I found the organic product lines included Tata Harper. I c/p the ingredient list from both the cleanser and oil from that page. 

nourishing oil cleanser $64

ingredients:

Rosa canina seed oil; sunflower seed oil; shea butter ethyl esters; polyglyceryl-4 oleate; Apricot Kernel Oil; jojoba seed oil; olive oil; argan kernel oil; plukenetia (Sacha Inchi) Volubilis; jojoba esters; camellia oleifera seed oil, aroma; alfalfa extract; arnica leaves and flowers; calendula flower extract; comfrey leaves; borage leaf extract; meadowsweet flower extract; sambucus nigra fruit extract; clinical grade essential oils blend
• Cruelty Free; Certified Organic

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@60sgirl wrote:

@HappyDaze

since I can't post a link here, it came up on FB newsfeed under Organic Spa then clicked that link which took me to abchome.com which has a beauty and wellness category, there is where I found the organic product lines included Tata Harper. I c/p the ingredient list from both the cleanser and oil from that page. 

Okay so they must have changed it or that website just didn't have the correct info. The one I posted is straight from Tata's website so I'd trust that one to be the correct one. Same with the other cleanser you posted.

Trusted Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@MissKlynn wrote:

Funny enough, I just happen to have STRONG opinion about the two options OP asked about.... Bare Minerals or Josie Maran!

I have used the Bare Minerals cleansing oil for the last year, really mostly when I wear a lot of makeup.  I LOVE that stuff!  Moves around on dry skin like silk and melts off the waterproof eye makeup like magic.  Otherwise I use Skinn cleansers on a daily basis.  

Was about to run out of the Bare Minerals cleansing oil and bought the Josie Maran cleansing oil in an OTO a few months back.  Just opened it up about a week ago and OMG that stuff is horrible!  Like another poster said, it turns into a sticky mess and feels like tar?  Yuck.  And somehow a just get a slip of it near my mouth everytime and it sends my taste buds into gag mode! YUCK again! Never thought there would be such a vast difference in cleansing oils.  I rarely toss a full bottle of something but that is seriously trash can worthy.  I also don't like her exfoliating powder at all, it just doesn't ever seem to emulsify or turn creamy. I've used Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant enzyme powder for 15+ years and nothing has compared to that... yet.

Interesting to see the other suggestions here, thanks OP for starting the thread!  

@MissKlynnGood to see Bareminerals is nice. I love trying each one! Bobbi Brown's never fails and Vichy has a nice one out now. DHC was my first venture into this wonderful world of oil cleansing! Omgosh I soooo agree Josie Maran cleansing oil was bad! It was disgusting to me! It must have  became rancid ..even though not old! I am sure this is why everyone is saying it's so sticky, it was old or in heat too long I believe. Also after trying soo many products like this I can see it's made with very low quality ingredients in my opinion. When I tried it the first time, some water with the oil got near my lips / mouth while washing my face and it was bitter as heck .. I knew this wasn't right...my skin had a residue feeling leftover as well and was red in spots the next day...I  trashed it too!  it was gross and normally I'd give it to my sisters but no way lol! I posted about this  a while ago so I  guess I'm not alone on JMs cleansing oil experience. 

@mimi5775 and @MissKlynn - Blech!  I so agree about the JM cleansing oil.  One tiny drop of that in your mouth is a bitter, bitter experience.  I really don't like the heaviness of it either.  I've never tried Bare Minerals so I'll keep,it in mind. 

OP, sorry to gang up on your fav.  Don't mean to diss you.  Obviously, many like it as she sells a good bit of it.  I'm sure we're the minority.

@Bella Carro wow you too... nothing worse then bitter when washing - it should be pleasant to me at the end of the day..JM's oil always got near my mouth/lips as most cleaners do but it also left a residue/itchy rash day after, I do feel it's low quality...well most people have not tried nearly all of the oil cleansers like crazy me who tries nearly everything lol to compare quality and efficacy. Although some don't mind what bothers us. That it stands out to my worst buy through the past 2 years! JM Cleansing oil. I am not dissing ether, would never and will try Bare Minerals cl oil now... it's sold oddly at CVS now? yep.. that and Murad and PTR. Cool.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

Love Bobbi Brown's cleansing oil.  I've been using it for years, and the consistency is beautiful.  It also leaves your skin so soft.   Tatcha oil is nice as well.  Not a fan of JM's oil because of the consistency and scent. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was buying DHC Skincare Cleansing oil and it works well (I do that "double cleansing"--oil first, rinse, then mild soap or washing grains. This takes off makeup and doesn't leave my skin tight or dry.)

But someone recommended Kose "Softymo" oil and it's not only a lot less expensive, it has orange oil in it and smells really wonderful. So that's what I use now. It's also made in Japan. The other oil in it is rice bran oil, which is a very good oil rich in Omega-3.

I still use a lot of DHC moisturizer and cleanser but the Kose is $9 a bottle versus $28 and one does go through a lot of it with daily use, so you see the difference is worth it, especially when they both work as well. 

Occasional Contributor

I use organic coconut oil every day and it even takes off waterproof mascara. It works perfectly for me and has never caused a breakout. If I need to exfoliate, I add a little sugar.

Honored Contributor

@Campion wrote:

I was buying DHC Skincare Cleansing oil and it works well (I do that "double cleansing"--oil first, rinse, then mild soap or washing grains. This takes off makeup and doesn't leave my skin tight or dry.)

But someone recommended Kose "Softymo" oil and it's not only a lot less expensive, it has orange oil in it and smells really wonderful. So that's what I use now. It's also made in Japan. The other oil in it is rice bran oil, which is a very good oil rich in Omega-3.

I still use a lot of DHC moisturizer and cleanser but the Kose is $9 a bottle versus $28 and one does go through a lot of it with daily use, so you see the difference is worth it, especially when they both work as well. 

@Campion, I found a site that listed the ingredients and both of the Kose Softymo cleansing oils have mineral oil as a main ingredient. I won't use skin care produces that contain mineral oil. I didn't know if you realized that it was in the product because the Amazon listing doesn't include an ingredients listing.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

_____ 

Kose Softymo Cleansing Oil WhiteProduct description: n/a
Anti-aging: Hydrating: Drying: 
Anti-inflammatory: Whitening: Irritating: 
Anti-oxidant: Exfoliating: Comedogenic: 
Rice Bran Oil, Mineral OilSorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Triethyl Hexanoine, CyclomethiconeOrange Oil, Tocopherol Coix Lacryma-Jobi Seed Extract, AlcoholGlycerinPolyglyceryl-2 DiisostearateTrilaureth-4 PhosphateWaterPhenoxyethanol

_____

Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing OilProduct description: n/a
Anti-aging: Hydrating: Drying: 
Anti-inflammatory: Whitening: Irritating: 
Anti-oxidant: Exfoliating: Comedogenic: 
Mineral OilPeg-8 Glyceryl IsostearateCetyl EthylhexanoateCyclomethiconeWaterSimmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed OilIsostearic AcidGlycerinPhenoxyethanol

_____

Super Contributor

I am using a bottle of DHC right now but it's pretty sporadic. Used to get Shu Uemura, MAC, BB and Tatcha before. DHC is stellar - effective and affordable. In the last year, however, I gradually moved over to cleansing balms with the Emma Hardie moringa one being my absolute favorite. The Elemis Pro-Collagen one is great, too. I feel like I get the benefit of a cleansing oil with a more proper treat when using a balm.

Trusted Contributor

For me, my skin is on the dry side. I have used both of these cleansing oils.

I like BE best...it lathers creamier and feels better on my skin...but I use two facial cleansers, on my second cleanse at night cleanse.... I use Sunday Riley's "Ceramic Slip" cleanser last.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~