Regular Contributor

what is YOUR facial cleasning oil preference?

Hell beauties!

Which is your favorite facial cleansing oil? Do you like the Bare Minerals or the Josie Maran? What do you like the best and least about the oils versus other methods? Inquiring minds want to know! ; )

Valued Contributor

Re: what is YOUR facial cleasning oil preference?

[ Edited ]

I like DHC cleansing oil. I have have black heads and oil cleansing actually keeps those at bay. Oh and would say Bare minerals is my favorite out of the 2 you listed.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for that GREAT question! I have used and like the Tatcha facial cleansing oil but I can't help answer your question. I am very interested in the answers as I feel Tatcha is way overpriced! I may be wrong but I think the Beautipedia website did not give it a good review but did give Bare Minerals cleansing oil a good review. I'm not sure about Josie Maran. Also the Tatcha is at an introductory price and it will be going up to $48!!!!!

I have dry skin and do love using a cleansing oil - eventhough they don't contain oil, I like how they feel on my face.

I hope that you get some replies and thanks again for the great question.

Honored Contributor

I like the Neutrogena Ultra Light cleansing oil. It works really well, hasn't broken me out, doesn't dry my skin, is available locally, and costs a fraction of what I paid for high end cleansing oils for the same or better performance. The Garnier cleansing oil is also good, but is scented and the packaging leaks. For those reasons, I prefer the Neutrogena.

The Josie Maran cleansing oil was my least favorite of the many I've tried. It was thick and if I had even a drop of water on my face or hands, the oil would become a sticky, tarry mess that was very difficult to massage into my skin. I had to use it before I brushed my teeth or dry my face between brushing my teeth and washing my face. I did not repurchase that one and don't recommend it.

Valued Contributor

I forgot to add..................I haven't tried  it but Ulta Brand Hydra Quench Foaming Oil Cleanser gets good reviews.and is only $18.

Honored Contributor

My favorite is Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil.  I started using it exactly 2 yrs. ago.  During those two years, I've sampled DHC and Josie Maran's.  I didn't like DHC at all.  Josie's was just OK.  Those two experiments confirmed for me that I don't have to do anymore shopping or sampling, I'm sticking with Dr. Young.  I like the ingredients in Dr. Young's more, like how it feels on my skin, like how it cleans everything without stripping, and how it rinses clean while leaving my skin soft.  

Honored Contributor

I prefer Castor Oil & like The Oil Cleansing Method.  Simple works better for me than the designer brand oils. Huge difference in cost, too.

Respected Contributor

I have not used Bare Minerals or Josie Maran cleansing oil. I am pleased with jojoba oil, especailly for my nails and facial massage. It does a good job removing makeup too. Also very nice if my scalp gets a bit dry.

Respected Contributor

Philosophy Purity

Valued Contributor

Another DHC fan here. I like how it works, feels, and the price.