Regular Contributor

wen seasonal vs the oringinal ones

i am new to wen and would like to know information about original vs the seasonal i know the original different ones are for different hair types and problems but what about the seasonal ones are they for all hair types and just have different smells.

can someone please explain to the difference thank you.

Regular Contributor

Re: wen seasonal vs the oringinal ones

i don't know if i explained my question about wen the right way that know one understands what im asking. I see 49 people read my post but no reply.

let try explaining it again.

all i want the to know is are the seasonal scent ones do they work any different than the original or is it that they just make your hair smell pretty.

Contributor

The seasonal formulas are all supposed to be universal. I do find the seasonals to all be a little different, some more moisturizing than others, but all have been good for my hair.

Regular Contributor

which ones are better the seasonal or originals i have short fine limp hair color treated and thinning from extream stress and hormones.

Respected Contributor

On 12/11/2014 skincare junkie said:

which ones are better the seasonal or originals i have short fine limp hair color treated and thinning from extream stress and hormones.

http://www.chazdean.com/recommender/

You need to go to the Chaz Dean site and take the recommender. This will tell you what is the best formula for your hair.

Regarding your question are you asking about the difference between the seasonals and core formulas? I have used most of the core formulas and seasonals. The only formulas that I haven't tried yet are Wen's kids and Wen Men. I like all of the formulas that I have but what is best for my hair are the seasonals, SAM and POM formulas.

Regular Contributor

what does SAM and POM MEAN yes i am what are the difference is it just the scents

Super Contributor

There are lots of different threads on this subject, and on the WEN home page here at the Q, there is a link to finding the right formula for you.

As for the seasonals - they are all soy based, as is POM (which was the first soy based cleanser).

Most of the originals were intended to address a specific issue, but many of us use formulas that were not necessarily intended for us.

LAV - volumizing

SAM & POM - universal

FIG - most mosturizing

CA- most astringent formula, for oily scalps (I think)

TT - I can't remember

The seasonals are supposed to be universal, but I (along with some other posters) find that the different scents (maybe it's the essential oils?) tend to effect the way the formula works. For example, some of the more recent seasonals have a honey complex in them, which a lot of people find more moisturizing.

FYI - I have fine naturally straight hair that I regularly blow dry and use a curling iron. I often use FIG in the winter and TT in the summer. And I tend to mix the formulas a lot. LAV for me for some reason is drying, so I have mixed it with the spring seasonal.

I hope this helps.

Michele

Regular Contributor

thank you for that information but what does sam mean and for the seasonal what would you all suggest to try first for a newbie.

Respected Contributor

On 12/11/2014 skincare junkie said:

thank you for that information but what does sam mean and for the seasonal what would you all suggest to try first for a newbie.

You need to go to the Chaz Dean site and take the recommender as I suggested above. This will recommend what cleansing conditioner you should try first.

SAM is sweet almond mint and this is a good place to start. One of the duos of Wen would be a good place to start. If you take the recommender it may also recommend that the seasonals could be best for your hair type.

Respected Contributor

Skincare Junkie, the primary difference between most of the core formulas and the seasonal formulas is that the core formulas contain hydrolyzed wheat protein, and the seasonals and Pomegranate are soy-protein based. If you are allergic to wheat, you probably want to avoid all the core formulas except for the POM. The 613 formula is also soy-based, and the Bamboo Green Tea (abbreviated BGT) is rice-based, as are the Kids formulas. There are significant differences in the performance of each formula, above and beyond the source of the protein in their ingredients list, but another poster already listed most of those. The Tea Tree (TT) was not much described, though, so I will add that it is very cleansing and invigorating for the scalp, frequently helping people who suffer from itching or flaking, because it is a skin disinfectant. One caveat for the TT formula, tea tree oil is very toxic to cats, so if you have pet cats, don't let them ingest even tiny amounts of WEN in the tea tree formula (like if they tried to lick your hair after you used the TT as a leave-in conditioner) or bathe them in that formula, if you have cats that you give baths to (in which case you are a VERY BRAVE WOMAN!) Tea tree oil is also supposed to support faster hair growth, and many posters on this forum experience this as a side effect, myself included. Hope this helps you!