Regular Contributor

I haven't posted for a while; busy summer. I was wondering how you.all feel about the controversy regarding the wen products. My daughter and I have been using for a while with no sign of significant hair loss. Has there been any news from the company or the media. Have not seen any thing on tv.

Honored Contributor

Re: wen products

[ Edited ]

There are many reasons people lose hair and trying to pinpoint the cause can be difficult. It's easy to blame a new hair care item, but those are almost never the cause.

I've been using WEN for years and it has not caused hair loss. In fact, I've experienced less hair shedding using WEN. I did have a few months where I was losing a lot more hair than normal, but it was due to stress and stopped a few months after my situation changed. I used WEN before, during, and after the hair loss. If WEN were the cause, it wouldn't have taken years to happen and wouldn't have stopped while I continued to use the product.

There are no ingredients in WEN that are known to cause hair loss and I don't believe that WEN is the cause of hair loss.

Honored Contributor

I have not heard anything other then all the claims. I used Wen & I did have quite a bit of hair come out while using it. Don't seem to have the hair fallout with what I'm using now. I don't blame Wen nor do I think Wen causes hair to fallout. For me I think it was a combo of menopause & being hypothyroid. There are all kinds of reasons for hair loss. I stopped using Wen because I have an oily scalp & Wen seem to make it worse. My scalp never balanced out while using it so I moved on. I'm still in the process of using up the Wen I have with the products I use now until it's all gone. If I felt it was the cause of my hair loss I would not use it all. They won't win this case unless someone has found some kind of evidence that Wen was the cause of their hair loss. I don't think they can prove that.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies. If there was a serious issue with the product, I am sure QVC would not cc continue to sell.

Honored Contributor

@tishkins wrote:

Thanks for the replies. If there was a serious issue with the product, I am sure QVC would not cc continue to sell.

If there were serious issues with the products it would be pulled from the market. It is just like anything else- some may have negative reactions to it while others love. Just common sense that if you have adverse reactions to anything, stop using it.