Honored Contributor

just in case you were wondering about WANDER BEAUTY.....

Hi Beauty Addicts,

I have received a bunch of messages re: Wander Beauty and QVC. We will no longer be offering our brand at QVC.

Thanks to your incredible support, since we launched (I can't believe it's been three years!), we have experienced incredible growth. We are a small and growing team and will be building our brand with .com as our main focus. That channel gives us a direct link to all of you where we can hear your questions, get your feedback and use those valuable insights to create the best multitasking beauty essentials EVER! You can also find us at 350 Sephora stores across the US and Canada, in select Sephora international markets (Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Philippines), at Nordstrom, at Birchbox and more.

I'm super excited to announce that we have 12+ launches planned between now and October and we can't wait to share them with you. I'd also love to hear your thoughts on what you think we are missing and what you would love to buy from us. More skin care? If so, what types of must haves that are essentials in your regimen? Hair care? Body? We believe our brand should service all your needs, in the bathroom and beyond, and give you fewer, better essentials that go double duty :-) xoxo, D

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: wander beauty gone from qvc

I must be missing something; they've left QVC, the response was overwhelming and they're a small company that is going to focus on their .com sales. BUT you can buy their stuff at a BUNCH of stores all over the place.

What?!  Sounds like things went sour for some reason with QVC. Have to say, it's interesting how many companies start out with QVC and are so grateful but as soon as their company becomes successful, they bail.

Honored Contributor

the brand was not on that often, must be hard to get much air time when the behemoths that are IT and ___________ is there another color cosmetic brand on the Q, get the prime hours

Or did QVC want a bigger cut of the profits 

Valued Contributor

What?I love their lipstick!

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I must be missing something; they've left QVC, the response was overwhelming and they're a small company that is going to focus on their .com sales. BUT you can buy their stuff at a BUNCH of stores all over the place.

What?!  Sounds like things went sour for some reason with QVC. Have to say, it's interesting how many companies start out with QVC and are so grateful but as soon as their company becomes successful, they bail.

@SahmIam  Maybe the Q became greedy w/ the % they wanted from sales. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Maybe but then again, they put the line on the map so...why shouldn't they receive a bigger piece of the pie?

In any event, I found the wording of Wander's "So Long, Goodbye" letter odd. Don't claim you're this small start up company and just can't handle being on QVC anymore because you're such a small company and THEN say "OH buy us at here here here here here AND HERE!"

Lol. I wish them success.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Yeah that press release or response is all over the place but it may not be that these companies bail on QVC, maybe QVC lets them go. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  That's true though, why would you let someone go if they're making you money? Maybe they weren't.  Who knows.

This conversation came up about a year ago on the HSN boards and one of the things that became known (due to Mindy Grossman leaving) was that she brought in many up and coming companies and allowed them to use HSN as a launching pad for their brand with great success. It was a win-win: HSN was the place for new and exciting and new brands received exposure to a customer base most can only dream about. 

Who knows.

Valued Contributor

I don’t care...their website has better deals anyway. Their powder foundation is the best.

Valued Contributor

Their website has great deals.Edward Bess is also gone from Qvc.