Honored Contributor

Re: wander beauty gone from qvc

I wanted to like the powdered foundation compact but it was a fail for me.  It didn't work at all like they show on tv demos or Facebook videos that demonstrate a single swipe coverage.  I had to use more to get any coverage and then it looked cakey.  Back it went.  

Valued Contributor

I use the powder foundation with a kabuki brush and it has never looked cakey. But I don’t use much as I don’t need a lot of coverage and Like just a nice eveni look with my own skin showing through, if that makes sense ha! ..I just gently tap the brush in the powder because if I try to swipe or swirl it picks up wayyyyyy too much. I have normal skin so not sure how it would work on drier or oily.  The Color is a perfect match for me too. 

Most like the stick foundation but I didn’t....I think it feels too  heavy, the color was a bit off. 

Has as anyone tried their lipsticks?

Honored Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

Their website has great deals.Edward Bess is also gone from Qvc.

@Bibione- I never noticed that Edward Bess was gone!  That must have happened recently?  Wonder what happened?

Esteemed Contributor

@ValentinaBon wrote:

I don’t care...their website has better deals anyway. Their powder foundation is the best.

@sunshine45, Thanks for the info. 

@ValentinaBon, I love their powder foundation, too.

I have used the Jane Iredale flocked sponge with other powder foundations for many years, so I use it with the Wander powder also.  I couldn't get the hang of the included small sponge or any brush, so whatever works I guess.  I really like the coverage of this powder and the control of coverage I have with the flocked sponge. 

The medium shade is unfortunately too yellow to be a great color match for me, so I wrote to them months ago, asking them to please expand their shade range and to include some cool tones.  I'm really hoping that in addition to their new product launches, they will offer more powder foundation colors. 

Last time I ordered the Jetsetter kit (discounted) to try the mascara.  I found the Unlashed mascara to be just ok, not volumizing IMO.  I still prefer Jordana Best Lash mascara over all others I've tried, even though its consistency is never the same from tube to tube. 

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR I agree about the mascara and I do hope they expand their shade range because it is pretty weak, even though I have a shade that matches. 

Honored Contributor

that was fast.  I will check out their website.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 Thanks for the post. I went to order a Wander eyeliner from QVC a few days ago and there were only two products left ,so I ordered from Wander’s website as I have done in the past. 

I assumed that Wander had left the Q, so thanks for the clarification. 

I’ve checked with my local Sephora and Wander isn’t in the store yet.