Contributor

voodoo coconut cream foundation

Voodoo coconut cream foundations are finally back in stock. I would like to try it out. Wondering if anyone who uses it can share how the foundation colours run.

Respected Contributor

Re: voodoo coconut cream foundation

@finncat wrote:

Voodoo coconut cream foundations are finally back in stock. I would like to try it out. Wondering if anyone who uses it can share how the foundation colours run.

@finncat  Who makes this where is it carried?

I've never heard of this line before.

Honored Contributor

@maestra   QVC item # A301765

Super Contributor

Sounds...interesting.

Honored Contributor

I really want to try this, it has excellent reviews!!!!!!I wish QVC would have this product on more often, I know it sells out quickly but would like to see more demos...... 

Respected Contributor

@finncat wrote:

I sent Aimee Carr a picture of myself and a message through Facebook Messenger to get matched. She matched me with the color Bare Yellow Beige. Don't be frightened by the name because it is not yellow based. It was an excellent match for my medium skintone. Normally I wear light beige or medium shades neutral or cool works the best for me too. This looks super dark in the compact but applies beautifully and was a perfect match for me. This foundation is applied differently than the typical foundation. You swirl the handle of the brush in the foundation then warm on the back of the hand. Then swirl the brush over the foundation which is on the back of the hand. It is long wearing, not drying, very hydrating. She reommends not using a primer so I don't use a primer with it. It lasts for a very long time too. 

Trusted Contributor

I  ordered the lightest shade (Beautiful, I think) when Voodoo was on a few days ago. The reviews are great, but I must admit that I'm afraid of oil. I look forward to getting it. 

Trusted Contributor

I received it today and plan to give it a try tomorrow. 

Trusted Contributor

I just got mine to day (well, yesterday 4/4).

It is made in the USA. Says New Orleans, but I don't know if it is made there or just shipped from there?

There is only 10 ingredients! Nothing you can't pronounce.

I am not sure about coverage, or if it will dry and not be oily because it is coconut oil and shea butter, and there is no ingredient that seems like it would absorb the oil? Or does the oil sinks in?

I just tried it on the back of my hand but that was not a good spot because I have very blue veins in my hands, so no coverage at all. Tried the inside of my wrist, and it is soft but it feels like shea butter still.

Will try tomorrow full face and see what happens. It is very expensive! I will give it a one or two day try, but I am not feeling like it is going to have much coverage. Shawn was really emphasizing how she loved the "full coverage". I guess it depends on what you are covering.

Trusted Contributor

I have now worn it two days. I don't know that I'm wow'ed, but I think it is a keeper. The color works for me. It doesn't feel oily at all. I hate brushes so I applied it with a regular mu sponge.