Frequent Contributor
I actually think I saw Nancy hicks selling flame less candles this morning when I think usually she sells either Liz Claiborne or citiknits; I can't recall for sure; but I was surprised to see her selling these
Honored Contributor
On 11/15/2014 icezeus said:

I am not sure why it matters who is putting out the information. I would think it would be more important to obtain the correct information for whatever is being sold.

I agree.

Super Contributor
On 11/15/2014 mosky said:

If they are the rep. for one company,I feel they would be more knowledgable about the product and able to give us a more informed presentation.As the op said,it was her feeling,and this is mine.We are all entitled to our opinions!

ITA, I know salesmen are hired guns, but vendors selling multiple products is more troubling to me. QVC reps are employees selling outstanding brands, however, the vendors in question appear to be willing to work for the "highest bidder". I feel it destroys their credibility. Therefore, I'm less likely to buy from them. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor
On 11/15/2014 Colonel Meow said:

Indeed, we are all entitled to our own opinions. And mine is that a good salesperson could be well-versed in multiple product lines and perfectly capable of representing them each. I worked retail for years in my teens and early 20s, and sold many different brands with equal enthusiasm throughout that time. Smile

I agree. I worked in retail & I was expected to be knowledgeable in everything we sold. There were some products I knew better, but I was trained to sell what we had in the store. I liked doing personal shopping for the customers & helping them with ideas or pulling together a complete outfit, right down to makeup & accessories.

Versatility is key.

Respected Contributor

I've never cared who is selling the product as long as they give the proper information. I'm not buying the sales personnel. I'm buying merchandise, and no matter how skilled these people are, they don't force me to buy anything I don't want. I consider myself smarter than them. LOL

Honored Contributor
On 11/15/2014 babybecky said: I actually think I saw Nancy hicks selling flame less candles this morning when I think usually she sells either Liz Claiborne or citiknits; I can't recall for sure; but I was surprised to see her selling these

I always liked Nancy Hicks. I'm glad she's back!

Esteemed Contributor

They are just hired salespeople.