Esteemed Contributor

using Copper-P serum and vitamin C cream together. a big no?

I seem to recall reading something years ago that using copper serums and vitamin C products together is contraindicated.

I've been using Isomers Copper-P serum for years and recently bought Isomers Vitamin C neck cream.

does anyone here with skincare expertise have an opinion on this?

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Re: using Copper-P serum and vitamin C cream together. a big no?

My science background tells me that copper is a metal and vit C is an (oxidizing) acid. In my chemistry classes I was taught that metals and acid react with one another to cause oxidation, rendering each of those two components to become nonreactive. In other words, they cancel each other out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes  you can use copper products with certain kinds of vit C products, for example the MAP form of vit C. That kind of vit C is less acidic than most other forms and because of that it is compatible to use with copper products. Just be sure to check your vit C product and see what type of vit C is in there.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Sometimes  you can use copper products with certain kinds of vit C products, for example the MAP form of vit C. That kind of vit C is less acidic than most other forms and because of that it is compatible to use with copper products. Just be sure to check your vit C product and see what type of vit C is in there.

@SilleeMee, does MAP mean Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate?

it's in the ingredient list.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee, does MAP mean Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate?

it's in the ingredient list.

@MariotaMurielle ,

Yes.

Esteemed Contributor

thanks for your advice @SilleeMee Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle  Isomers has said in the past that you can use their Copper P and Vitamin C serums together without a problem.  I use them together daily.  I would assume it's the same with the neck cream.   You might want to call their 800 # to check with them.  Their customer service is very helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@MariotaMurielle  Isomers has said in the past that you can use their Copper P and Vitamin C serums together without a problem.  I use them together daily.  I would assume it's the same with the neck cream.   You might want to call their 800 # to check with them.  Their customer service is very helpful.

@Linmo, it's good to know that you've used Isomers copper and vitamin c products together without issue. I've used the Copper-P for a very long time and wouldn't want to be without it.

thanks for your input.

Regular Contributor

I just purchased a Prai product that has C and copper together. I couldn't resist.

PRAI Potent-C Power Drops & Power Creme

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

I seem to recall reading something years ago that using copper serums and vitamin C products together is contraindicated.

I've been using Isomers Copper-P serum for years and recently bought Isomers Vitamin C neck cream.

does anyone here with skincare expertise have an opinion on this?

@MariotaMurielle   No scientific background here, but in my personal experience, I see better results applying one skincare item at a time, letting it absorb thoroughly before applying the next. FYI, the only serum I use is Vit. E.