Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I suppose parsley is better than Preparation-H. I prefer using chilled spoons from my fridge.

just to clarify... chilled spoons for eye bags, not hemorrhoids.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

I don't really have wrinkles but I do have bags under my eyes. A friend who is a plastic surgeon told me only surgery can get rid of them. Instead, when I was looking for new glasses I specifically searched for a pair that hides them - works very well. My Mom & gram also had these undereye bags so I suppose they are genetic.

Respected Contributor

@pommom wrote:

I saw a plastic surgeon for a minor procedure.  While there I asked him about the bags under my eyes.  He said nothing short of surgery would remove them.  Am considering it.

If you get the under eye surgery, please get the uppers done even if you think they are okay.  They will not compare well with the finished under eye look.  Someone who worked for me took the cheaper way and finally went back to have the uppers done.  

Good luck and hope your procedures lasts as long as mine has: since 1996 !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@151949

@151949 wrote:

I don't really have wrinkles but I do have bags under my eyes. A friend who is a plastic surgeon told me only surgery can get rid of them. Instead, when I was looking for new glasses I specifically searched for a pair that hides them - works very well. My Mom & gram also had these undereye bags so I suppose they are genetic.

Same here, but to create quasi eyebrow tails. (gone, baby, gone with the wind)

Honored Contributor

From what I've heard: If it's loose skin you get from puffiness and repeated water retention fluctuations, you can affect it with cosmetics and treatments. But if subcutaneous fat has transferred from its original location to take residence in the eye bag, then you have to get surgery to get rid of it.

Parsely shmarsley. Same for cucumbers and honey and yogurt etc. It's not that they couldn't help at all if you put them on your face, just that there are much better uses for them. Like lunch.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@bonnie f. I've never heard of the parsley trick, but if I eat too much salt the night before, I can wake up w/ slightly baggy undereyes. Cure? A bag of frozen peas...molds to the shape of your eye, the same idea as putting anything cold on the area to shrink it and no special prep. Just keep sm. bags of frozen peas in the freezer.

Oh. Also great when you wake up w/ a dreaded pillow crease down your cheek & have to leave in an hour. Ice it down w/ the frozen peas. For some weird reason it deflates eye bags but plumps up face creases. Go figure.

New Contributor

I think the best remedy to remove under eye bag is to use green tea bags. It is very effective.

Honored Contributor

I recently heard and saw demonstration on how to get rid of bags under the eyes.  It was quite amazing and it was demonstrated on a man.  It's not a permanent fix but does last for many hours.  Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name but I am sure it will pop up if you Google.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

If you have Kroger's where you live, they have parsley (and others) all finely chopped in little containers. It's in the produce dept. but I don't know the brand name. It says on it how long to keep it after opening.

Respected Contributor

Re: undereyes bags

[ Edited ]

@jlkz

My upper lids are fine - even for this 70 yr old gal.  I have lots of eyelid exposure (no hooding whatsoever) and take advantage of them by using soft, matte eyeshadows.

In addition, I have nice, high arched brows.  If anything, I would think a brow lift, but then I'd look like I was in constant fear with that wide-eyed look.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown