Trusted Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@pommom wrote:

I saw a plastic surgeon for a minor procedure.  While there I asked him about the bags under my eyes.  He said nothing short of surgery would remove them.  Am considering it.

If you get the under eye surgery, please get the uppers done even if you think they are okay.  They will not compare well with the finished under eye look.  Someone who worked for me took the cheaper way and finally went back to have the uppers done.  

Good luck and hope your procedures lasts as long as mine has: since 1996 !

I am waiting until I can get the upper done through insurance and then I will pay for the under.

Respected Contributor

@pommom

A few weeks ago when I got my ongoing Botox treatment, I asked about a brow lift despite my nicely arched brows.  The nurse assistant said it would raise the brows way too high and would not take care of my problem.

The problem: from years of using a frown-like glance on the job, the vertical muscle in front of my brow is " the strongest muscle I have ever seen " according to the plastic surgeon.  Botox doesn't do that much for it.

I read the brochure on brow lifts as I was leaving.  Definitely not my answer....and the cost was unbelievably high !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@151949

That is precisely what I do:  I buy glasses that mask the bags.  They hit right at the curve of the bottom of the bags.  Am scheduled for cataract surgery which will all but elimate the need for glasses, but will buy readers with frames that will camouflage the bags.  Ugh, the things we do...

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain

ROFL!!!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown