Trusted Contributor

Thanks for this brand recommendation JLF!  I have under eye lines as well so anything to help is appreciated.  I have never heard of this brand before and its so affordable!  I DO NOT have dark cirlces or puffiness under my eyes, actually the opposite, my under eye area is hallowed.  Should I avoid a product with caffine?

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

Thanks for this brand recommendation JLF!  I have under eye lines as well so anything to help is appreciated.  I have never heard of this brand before and its so affordable!  I DO NOT have dark cirlces or puffiness under my eyes, actually the opposite, my under eye area is hallowed.  Should I avoid a product with caffine?

@MrsCat21 

Caffeine creams won't cause your skin to shrink or dehydrate. If anything it helps improve circulation and that will help the overall appearance of your under-eyes.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thank you for the info!  I thought that was what the caffeine did, actually de-puff the fluid from the under eye area!

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@MrsCat21 You're welcome!  It looks like you have your answer.  It was actually @SilleeMee who first mentioned the brand here in the forum. I've been happy with a couple of things from The Ordinary, but after the sale of the company and perhaps the chance of them changing formulas, the way a lot of companies do when that happens, I decided to look elsewhere. I especially like that I can get them on Amazon subscriptions so I never run out.  DH & I still use The Ordinary Hair Peptides - haven't found a replacement for that yet.

Honored Contributor

Re: undereye moisturiser

[ Edited ]

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@SilleeMee  Thank you for the info!  I thought that was what the caffeine did, actually de-puff the fluid from the under eye area!

@MrsCat21 

Yes, that's what caffeine does. But if there's nothing there to de-puff (fluid) then it just helps the circulation. Sunken eyes don't usually have much fluid in that area. It's mostly skin and the caffeine will improve circulation to the skin.

Honored Contributor

I use Cetaphil eye cream in the morning only under my make-up.  It is a nice moisturizer.

At night I am using Dr. Brandt DNA eye cream. 

My biggest issues are under eye dryness and dark circles.  With the right moisturizer, my circles seem a little better, but only slightly.