Super Contributor

Hi all,

Only recently (just turned 70) I have a crosshatching effect on my undereye area.  I have both dry areas on my face as well as oily.  I still have breakouts.  I have used The Ordinary's retinol, trying to work up to where I can use the lowest form of tretinoin products.  I order from Tara.

I am fair.  I have used Copper-P by Isomers, The Ordinary Niacinamide and zinc, their Vit C makes me break out, so does the much-beloved Buffet. and Active Argon which I like to cocktail with other products.

I am asking for suggestions for a light-weight moisturiser for my cross hatching under eye area.  Not looking for fountain of youth, but hoping to stave off more of the same.  Speaking of the sun, I stay out of it.

Thank you all, I really enjoy reading your suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: undereye moisturiser

[ Edited ]

@pdxlalesley  My favorite under eye products are:

QRx Labs Eye Perfect Elixer

QRx Labs Peptide Serum

CeraVe Eye Cream 

Alpha Skincare Nourishing Eye Cream (not a lot of actives, but super moisturizing)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use QRxLabs  Eye Reboot Serum. It smooths out my fine lines and de-puffs my under-eye area. With this serum less is more. You only need a drop, if that, to do both eyes. It's very moisturizing.

QRxLabs Eye Reboot Serum  (made in the USA)

Eye Reboot Serum with 6% Caffeine, Hyaluronic Acid, Rosehip Oil, Retinol,

$18, ships free from their website no minimum.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Well I was going to suggest one of Tatha's moisturizers but at $18 for a product that works, never mind! 

Trusted Contributor

Since you still have breakouts working up to Retin A wil be great for that as well as help with wrinkles, your under eye area too.

I'm sure you'll great recommendations for eye creams. I was helped by posters who reminded others to apply products gently, to use the ring finger only to apply, moving from the outside to the inside. Then very lightly tap, tap, tap, using the ring finger.  That also brings down puffiness. I'm sure you'll see great improvement in the crosshatching soon, posters here know the best products.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch @SilleeMee I've never heard of QRxLabs before but some of their products look interesting and are reasonably priced.  I don't have dark circles but do have bags under my eyes (not sure anything can help with that), and some wrinkles - wondering if the Eye Reboot would be helpful.  Have either of you tried the Niacinamide & Retinol serum?  Amazon also has a NiacinaMax serum with 10% niacinamide although that also has tea tree oil in it (I don't see this one on their website though unless I missed it).

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch @SilleeMee I've never heard of QRxLabs before but some of their products look interesting and are reasonably priced.  I don't have dark circles but do have bags under my eyes (not sure anything can help with that), and some wrinkles - wondering if the Eye Reboot would be helpful.  Have either of you tried the Niacinamide & Retinol serum?  Amazon also has a NiacinaMax serum with 10% niacinamide although that also has tea tree oil in it (I don't see this one on their website though unless I missed it).

@sueinsf 

I have not tried any of the QRx niacinamide products. 

The NiacinaMax is listed on their website by that name. 

The reboot serum is worth trying. If nothing else, it's a good under-eye moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@sueinsf 

I have not tried any of the QRx niacinamide products. 

The NiacinaMax is listed on their website by that name. 

The reboot serum is worth trying. If nothing else, it's a good under-eye moisturizer.

Thanks @SilleeMee.  I'm finding the NiacinaMax now but only when I search for it.  

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf 

I think the QRx site doesn't have a great search engine. Unless you know what to look for, they make it difficult to find.  Glad you found it though.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf wrote:

@sueinsf  I've been trying to finish up the last of my Niacinamide serum from The Ordinary.  I'm almost done with it and have the QRx NiacinaMax serum scheduled to ship in a couple of weeks with my other Amazon subscription items. I'm a little iffy about it because I don't break out anymore and I do get Niacinamide in some other products, so I'm not sure I really need this one.  I may cancel. Naturiam makes one that sounds like it may be better for me.  

ETA - Eva Naturals might be worth checking out too.