Super Contributor

undereye concealer recommendations please?

I have been using Laura Geller spackle, but it doesn't seem to be doing the job anymore.

I have tried IT, which was terrible for me.

Although just over 50, I still have fairly oily skin, and many concealers are too creamy/moisturizing.

If I use enough product to cover the circles under my eyes, then it melts my mascara off and settles into lines, so I look great in the morning, but by mid-afternoon, I have mascara under my eyes. If I use a light application, then it doesn't really cover up the circles.

I have light oily skin, with light wrinkling (more under my eyes than at the corners).

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Michele

Super Contributor

Re: undereye concealer recommendations please?

Maybelline age rewind is great and the Maybelline 24 hour concealer is thick and not good unless you have oiler skin. EL has a nice waterproof concealer in a huge tube. Tarte concealer is pretty nice. Makeup 4 Ever has an HD concealer that is a bit budge proof and comes in many colors. Amazing concealer is a very good concealer and also comes in many colors. If you can check out a Sephora store you can try the Amazing Concealer and the Makeup 4 Ever. When you are there try Smashbox line filler. I pat some on those teeny tiny eye lines and it fills them in. It works on pores as well. EL has a similar product that is wonderful as well. Have you tried Laura Geller eye spackle under your eye? I like it for pre-covering dark spots but I hate LG regular spackle. Once you apply your concealer you can also dab your finger in cornstarch and pat it lightly on the concealer. It's cheap and works well. I lightly brush my face with it, especially on my forehead because my bangs get oily without it.

Super Contributor

I am very happy with Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer. It's two products. Put on the corrector first. It's a little drying, so it counteracts/absorbs the more moisturizing concealer.

I've tried the concealer by itself and it just doesn't work as well for me without the corrector underneath. I have a similar issue like you do with some products being too creamy and not lasting. This combo works great for me.

Maybe you can try a sample first to see if you like it?

Super Contributor

My HGs are Mac moisture cover and their primer pen. They lay down color and are really thin. My skin is not oily but I add a couple drops of oil to my am moisturizer/BB mix and the Mac never slips or melts. If it did, I'd recommend dusting a fine powder over to set it.

Trusted Contributor

I am also oily and I like Maybelline Age Rewind and Hard Candy Glamoflauge (sold at Walmart), though I must admit I haven't found my HG concealer.

Super Contributor

I like both Maybelline products. The most concealing product I've ever used is Physician's Formula Concealer Rx. Doesn't crease, but actually has way too much coverage for me. It can be applied sparingly with a brush. Most dense concealer I've ever seen, I usually mix it with a drop of eyecream. It might work great for those who have serious darkness to conceal.

Honored Contributor

I know you don't like the IT Under Eye Concealer. What didn't you like about it, the color, texture, application, wear? I have it and find that it covers well, but it's a little tacky. I tried the Under Eye Concentrate and like it better.

Honored Contributor

OP, Laura Geller's eye spackle is really meant for the lids, not under the eye, so it's a drier product than most would want for that area.

I use both LG's Real Deal and IT's BBUE. I like them both, but truth be told, if I were forced to choose, I would choose Real Deal.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

I like either It Cosmetics or the new Marc Jacobs in the jar. I also bought his brush, love it...the bristles are cut on an angle.
Honored Contributor

Amazed at this- the consultant at the EL counter used a slightly pearlized shadow in the inner corner of my eye and buffed seamlessly into my eye bags, and it worked for me! I'll be trying the newish Double Wear Concealer with this technique this morning.