Regular Contributor

Has anyone here done undereye fillers? I dont have puffiness I have hollows. When I smile, I have SO MANY WRINKLES. Its all I see when I look at a picture of myself. Any advice? thanks!

Honored Contributor

@erichu   I don't have personal experience, but good advice from my friend a plastic surgeon. The skin underneath the eye is quite thin. Injecting fillers in that area can many times show "beads" of the filler through the skin. He will not inject there. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

While waiting for this lockdown to be over, I will be making an appt for a consult on regular old eyelid surgery which I had back in 1996.

An item in your response about fillers and " beads " brought to mind the deep 11's I have for which Botox injections did nothing over 18 months.  Can whatever that doctor said about under eyes be done for deeply etched 11's ?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkz   Botox relaxes the muscles between the eyebrows affectionately called the "11's". However, if these lines have deepened, it may be possible to use filler there also. Keep in mind these procedures are not inexpensive and not permanent. Botox lasts 3-5 months and fillers maybe a year if you purchase the expensive ones. It's a lot to spend and keep it up. 

Super Contributor

I just had three procedures done this past year...brow lift, excess skin removed from my eyelids, and under-eye bags removed......so happy I went the surgery route....well worth the cost and no pain.

Regular Contributor
Can I ask the cost of these procedures? It may be less expensive than keeping up with fillers and botox
Respected Contributor

I had filler in my 11's and Botox years ago . i think she did the filler first and then a week later the Botox due to her concern about possible allergic reations.

My Derm did it and she was not very skillful at the Botox, my 11s were smoothed but i had a heavy brow for a few months, that can happen if the botox hits the brow muscle in a certain way and relaxes it too much. So i never had her do injections after that.

A PS i have had used Dysport 2x and filler. He was excellent injector but big bucks. They like to sell you more procedures too.

@erichu  cost depends on where you live.  A place like Florida or SoCal will have tons of PS and injectors to choose from. In the northeast for some reason the cost is nuts   $1500-$1800 for injections and they partially price out by vials and even if they use 1/2 vial you pay for the full vial) Eyelift here about  6k. Not sure about browlift.

Super Contributor

@erichu wrote:
Can I ask the cost of these procedures? It may be less expensive than keeping up with fillers and botox

The brow lift was covered by my insurance since I'd had cataract surgery and it would help my vision......the other two procedures approx. $8,500

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Had Botox for almost two years on the 11's but no impact on them.  The lines are very pronounced.  Eyebrow lift wouldn't work because they are already high and prominent.

Somewhere I either read or heard that fillers might " travel " and using them near the eyes could be a problem.  Guess I will just have to wait for the consult.  At 75, the cost is not an issue if it works.  Tired of looking as though I am frowning or angry.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Super Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Shanus 

Had Botox for almost two years on the 11's but no impact on them.  The lines are very pronounced.  Eyebrow lift wouldn't work because they are already high and prominent.

Somewhere I either read or heard that fillers might " travel " and using them near the eyes could be a problem.  Guess I will just have to wait for the consult.  At 75, the cost is not an issue if it works.  Tired of looking as though I am frowning or angry.

I also felt that I looked sad/tired/mad with my droopy eyes.....it was such a boost to my self-esteem to get the surgery.