Trusted Contributor

I once awakened with puffiness under my eyes and used a spoon that I had placed in the freezer for a few minutes.  The puffiness was quickly eliminated.  Many of you mentioned placing your cream in the refrigerator... I tend to think that it's the coldness that works on puffiness.

Esteemed Contributor

Too much salt and fatty foods and age.  I am 79 years young, and get fillers.  Only thing that helps and last approx. Nine months.  Have used Perricone, Dr. DENESE, good products, but no help.  

The other day had horrible bags in spite of filler.  Had eaten a burrito the night before.  Took half a diuretic pill and gone the next day.  When I don,t eat healthy, they will show up, too fluid build up.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Another factor might be the pillow you sleep on. If its too flat, it doesn't elevate your head and if you do have bags below your eyes, gravity during the day helps remove any fluid. Raising your head higher might also help.

Some people have this as part of their heredity and not much can be done.

Interesting thread.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Under eye bags are the bane of my existance! I look at all my uncles, I have no aunts by blood, and every one of them has/had bags under their eyes! I'm screwed! lol

I did recently receive a nice sized sample of 100% Pure (or is it natural?) eye cream with caffeine and they have diminished somewhat. I do agree that watching your sodium intake can improve the situation as well..

Esteemed Contributor

@gazelle77 wrote:
Sleeping on your back...not your side makes a huge difference for me.

@gazelle77   Does it make a difference what pillow you use?  I always want to roll onto my side!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Colonel Meow wrote:

SKINN's Mango Eye Mask. Keep it in the fridge for a cool wake-me-up feeling.

Also, Skinn Hylighten.

Honored Contributor

Try Skinn Cosmetics Hylighten, it's a liquid and comes in a roll on.You can also use it throught the day, of course you won't see results over night, but I have puffy eyes and now I don't, I have been using it for years.