Honored Contributor

Becca has hard to open compacts. Nice looking but difficult to hold, too.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

This metal Indian elephant one is made by FashionCraft, has rave reviews, is easy-open (push button) and close, and is available at their website, Ebay, and Amazon.

Indian elephant themed metal  compact mirror

@feline groovy those elephant ones are really pretty!

Honored Contributor

You are not alone.  If it's not blush, it's pressed powder.  You would think that someone would come up with a better design and then everyone will follow the lead.  Cat HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Agree, @HappyDaze!

Thought about replacing my wonky one as these are very reasonably-priced.

Valued Contributor

I hate the cardboard lipstick covers and the card board containers thet are made to look like plastic but are not , Lipstick with a cardboard cover dries out fast!

cathy from ma

Frequent Contributor

I thought I was the only one who was frustrated with those compacts.   I especially cannot tolerate the IT bye bye pores pressed powder compact....it always opens to the bottom where the 'pad' is located.....I cannot open the top where the powder is contained without getting a nail file and pressing it into the top slot.    I don't have time to mess with it so I don't use the product and will not purchase another one.  

Honored Contributor

I bought the Kose foundation from QVC.  Worst compact ever.    I think the contents will dry up before I can use it.  I do like the foundation, but will not repurchase because the the awful compact.

Respected Contributor

I have been having issues with compacts for years. If it's not staying shut, it's almost impossible to open. I've broken compacts just to get inside of them. I think the best ones I own are from E.Lauder. or Lancome. 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember in my early days in the retail world it was explained that part of the higher price for the prestige brands was for their luxury cases and tubes, better brushes and applicators, and the external packaging for the products. Today, some of the cases and packaging may be interesting and attractive, but lacking the high quality of yesteryear.  

Frequent Contributor

thank you, those are cute, but I was referring to the compacts that the products come in.