Honored Contributor

Re: tips from the Chaz Dean Studio site

Honored Contributor

Especially for those who are new to Wen, the tips in waterdragon's initial post, post #3, & post #8 are very helpful. Click on tips from the Chaz Dean Studio site to go to the initial post.

-- bebe Smile

Honored Contributor

Especially for those who are new to Wen, the tips in waterdragon's initial post, post #3, & post #8 are very helpful. Click on tips from the Chaz Dean Studio site to go to the initial post.
-- bebe Smile

Honored Contributor

These are great tips from Chaz's studio. waterdragon's initial post, post #3, & post #8 are very helpful. Click on tips from the Chaz Dean Studio site to go to the initial post. -- bebe Smile

Valued Contributor

This thread is really helpful!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Honored Contributor

These are great tips from Chaz's studio. waterdragon's initial post, post #3, & post #8 are very helpful. Click on tips from the Chaz Dean Studio site to go to the initial post. -- bebe Smile

Respected Contributor

On 12/1/2013 bebe777 said:

Also from Chaz's site, in the About Wen section...

----

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE

--

Rinse hair thoroughly, apply WEN® into your palms and rub together. Use 10-16 pumps for short hair, 16-24 pumps for medium length hair and 24-32 pumps for long hair. If your hair is longer/thicker you may need to increase the amount of pumps. Apply to scalp and hair, adding a splash of water to evenly distribute. WEN® has no harsh detergents or sodium lauryl sulfate, so it won't lather. Massage thoroughly into hair and leave on for the remainder of your shower. Rinse thoroughly and completely, massaging scalp and running fingers through to the ends. Apply 1/2 to 1 pump depending on hair length and texture as a leave-in conditioner to soaking wet hair. For best results we highly suggest you cleanse, rinse and repeat, using half the recommended pumps for the first cleanse, and the remaining half for the second cleanse. Unlike many ordinary shampoos, you may find you don't need to cleanse as often.

Immediately after, add 1-3 pumps of the Styling Creme of your choice to soaking wet hair starting at the back of the head and working thought to the ends.

Let hair dry naturally, style or wrap a towel around your head to absorb moisture. Do not abrasively dry your head with a towel as this will stress the hair and cause it to frizz.

Additional Suggestions

You can cleanse daily but when used properly you should only have to cleanse every 2-3 days. Our 16oz size should last you between 4-6 weeks.

For extra hydrating and conditioning, you can use the Cleansing Conditioner as an overnight deep hydrating mask treatment. Simply leave on the hair after you have cleansed, cover hair with a shower cap or plastic bag overnight, and rinse out thoroughly in the morning.

If you have curly or ethnic hair, use WEN® Treatment Oil. When applying your leave-in, mix 2-6 drops of Treatment Oil to the Cleansing Conditioner first and then 2-6 drops of Treatment Oil to the Styling Creme. You may also need to increase the amount of Treatment Oil and pumps of the Cleansing Conditioner and Styling Creme for different hair textures.

Create a Refresher Spray

In a 6oz spray bottle mix 4 pumps of WEN Cleansing Conditioner, 2-4 drops of WEN Oil and 2 pumps of your preferred Styling Creme. Use warm water initially to help mix ingredients and shake well before each use.

PLEASE NOTE: The above instructions were intended for use with the 6oz/16oz Cleansing Conditioners. For all other sizes, please refer to the label on your product for appropriate amount of pumps to use.

----

I am experimenting with using more leave in and styling products. My hair is getting longer and thicker. I am thinking the amount I am using is just not enough anymore.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

Regular Contributor

This is a great post! It's like hours of watching his presentations in one nice summary. I don't know why some people feel the need to leave negative comments when by now they should know we don't listen anyway.

Trusted Contributor

I think I also heard Chaz say you can divide the number of pumps between two cleanses. Did anyone else hear that? I don't want anyone to stop using Wen because they can't afford to use 16 pumps in each cleanse (or more).

I know everyone's hair is different so the number of pumps we need to use will vary somewhat per person. My short, fine hair needs only 4 pumps first cleanse and 3 pumps second cleanse. My mom is in her seventies with short, thinning hair and she needs only about 3 pumps and one cleanse. My SIL has very thick, coarse, long hair and she has to use a lot more, maybe 16 for each cleanse or maybe even more since she's a newbie. Nice thing is we can adjust the amount until we find what works for us on that day. I can tell by the feel whether I have enough Wen in my hair while I'm cleansing and I don't use more than that cause I don't want to waste it. But you have to learn the right amount for your hair and its current condition.

KJPA