Honored Contributor

Re: this Beauty Awards show!

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

QVC giving QVC awards to its own sourced products. OK. 

Precisely... Interesting that the brands they always (and I mean always) highlight seem to walk away with the most awards... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ellaphantPretty much like any of the awards shows -  these, the Emmys and the Oscars, etc.  To me they all are important to the people involved but not so much to me.

But I do understand why they do them -  doesn't matter what we do for a living -  most people like to be recognized for their successes. 

I think this is less a recognition and more a promotion...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@software wrote:

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

If they don't, who will?

Exactly. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

Precisely... Interesting that the brands they always (and I mean always) highlight seem to walk away with the most awards... 

Maybe it's just me but that seems logical. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

@qvc2022 wrote:

Jane looks stunning!  However, I am suprised that the usual beauty hosts (Shaun and the woman who does friday night beauty) is not hosting though.  I must say again Jane has never looked better!

I think her hair looks amazing. I've never seen it look better. She said Nick Cavez did it. 

@KCDiva  I turned on at the very end when Philosophy was receiving their award for the 3 in 1.  Jane said she uses it to wash her hair at least 3 times a week.  Probably the other 4 days she uses Nick and then Wen.  LOL

I tried the 3 in 1 to wash my hair and it dried it out so bad. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

totally agree it is kind of silly, gowns and crying- also find it odd that IT cosmetics won so many awards

@arizona babe  I swear that QVC must own IT cosmetics or have tons of stock waiting to ship out.  It seems like it is on all the time and it is one hour blocks at time.  It must pay off, but I shut it off when it is on.  I watched it, tried it, didn't care for it so I turn to something else.   That works!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

I loved it. It is a customer choice award. We chose the winners. I voted for my favorites and was glad to see IT win I voted for all of their products. 

If you think it is silly--simple don't watch.

Esteemed Contributor

How does WEN win for best SHAMPOO? His whole schtick is built around it being NOT a shampoo.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

How does WEN win for best SHAMPOO? His whole schtick is built around it being NOT a shampoo.

So true. He gladly accepted though. Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

So true. He gladly accepted though. Smiley Surprised

I think we all know that WEN isn't a shampoo but the category is best shampoo. They don't have a separate category for best cleansing conditioner because their isn't another sold on QVC. 

Maybe they need to change the name of that category to best hair cleanser?