Honored Contributor

Re: this Beauty Awards show!

I just saw Jamie and she does look very pretty. I like this look best of all.

I don't see however that a mascara could make your lashes "500%" thicker as she said. Maybe 5%?

It did look kind of clumpy and when I went to read reviews, that was a problem for many.

Sometimes the ones that win don't always seem to have the best reviews.

I guess the people who like something are the ones who vote for it, or something like that?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@qvc2022 wrote:

Jane looks stunning!  However, I am suprised that the usual beauty hosts (Shaun and the woman who does friday night beauty) is not hosting though.  I must say again Jane has never looked better!

I would have  LOVED the hair style if they would have swept down a little to one side with sort of bangs.  Didn't like the whole forehead look, but loved the volume at the crown.  As Lisa Robertson used to say, an instant facelift.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

totally agree it is kind of silly, gowns and crying- also find it odd that IT cosmetics won so many awards

Agree - the deck is totally stacked.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Looked like she cut up three different dresses.  And those brown shoes, made it worse if possible.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is this Jane's dress?  It's a Tadashi Shoji.  This is it on Lyst for $528.00.  Nordstrom carries it also.  On my tv last night it looked very purple.  On my computer it looks more aubergine.   It's hard to tell. 

Tadashi Shoji | Purple Amanda Gown - Petite | Lyst

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I just saw Jamie and she does look very pretty. I like this look best of all.

I don't see however that a mascara could make your lashes "500%" thicker as she said. Maybe 5%?

It did look kind of clumpy and when I went to read reviews, that was a problem for many.

Sometimes the ones that win don't always seem to have the best reviews.

I guess the people who like something are the ones who vote for it, or something like that?

@on the bay, I am wearing that mascara right now.  It came as part of a TSV I purchased. When I'm done, I will not buy again.  You do have to be very careful of clumping with it on the lashes.  It also comes out of he tube in blobs so I'm constantly wiping the tube off or there would be mascara everywhere.  

I also have a problem with it flaking.  Not horribly but enough that a few times a week I have to take out a contact and rinse it and it's always a mascara flake on it.  I never have this problem with any other.  It also makes my lashes crunchy.

Honored Contributor

@qvc2022 wrote:

Jane looks stunning!  However, I am suprised that the usual beauty hosts (Shaun and the woman who does friday night beauty) is not hosting though.  I must say again Jane has never looked better!

ITA.  I thought Jane looked fabulous but I too was surprised that Jane and Stacey hosted.  I would have thought Sandra would have been one of the hosts and possibly Elise or Alberti since they are/were a presence on Beauty IQ. 

Honored Contributor

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

QVC giving QVC awards to its own sourced products. OK. 

If they don't, who will?

Honored Contributor

I did not watch the show because I knew it was not truly “Customers’ Awards”. 

After seeing the list of winners on 6 e/p this morning, I knew it was a combination of new products (some I’ve never heard of or seen presented) and those that were Q’s best sellers. 

A true rue reflection of what we would choose as the best of the best? No.

Occasional Contributor

I had to turn it off as well. The whole thing was superficial. Just stick to selling the products.