Honored Contributor

Re: there's nothing like seeing a photo of yourself for a reality check

On 1/9/2015 Pianomama said:

I have never been very photogenic, so it hasn't gotten any better for me as I have grown older. I just do the best I can with good skincare, etc. and try to show my better side for photos. Don't we all have a better side of our face?

Same here, but I like that think that my face gains more character as I (very thankfully) age.

So that at least makes my mug more interesting to look at, LOL.

Super Contributor

On 1/9/2015 feline groovy said:
On 1/9/2015 Preds said:

My depressing moment came when I realized I looked more like my Boxer "son" than I did my beautiful daughter.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

And what's wrong with THAT??? Smiley Wink

dogs,gifs,happy

Loove that Boxer and the pic! Is this your Boxer son? Really?

How old is he?

Honored Contributor

That's why I don't look at pictures of me.

Super Contributor

That's why I don't want a magnifying mirror X5. Really? I don't like my pics, therefore, I don't like cameras or peeps who are constantly snapping.

My best profile is the side with dark spots.

Regular Contributor

The only way that I've found (short of surgery) that really works is to hang out with people who are my age or older. None of us can see squat so I, and all of them too, still look fabulous!

Honored Contributor

Hi Mocha, I use either Marula oil on my neck or moisturizer and/or body lotion. any product that would cause firmness will only be a quick fix and not permanent. You would have to consider plastic surgery for a real change. You can also wear more turtlenecks. Getting older does have some downsides to it but, unfortunately, we can't go back in time.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Hi, I have lost some weight and my neck has loose skin. No crinkles or lines yet but I have been using Skinn Chin Up (blue) and it has helped. I also hydrate my neck with tons of cream and oils. The minute it gets dry it gets old looking.

Contributor

On 1/9/2015 BlueCollarBabe said:

It's really interesting to read about the phenomenon of seeing ourselves in photos. So often we don't look the way we think we do and we assume the photo is the truth because "a picture doesn't lie" as the saying goes. If it's any comfort, the "truth" lies somewhere in between the photo image and our own mental image. A camera stops you for a millisecond in time whereas the way others see us is in motion. Another person sees you from different angles as they and you move about. Even if you stand still there is some movement in our bodies. People don't stand frozen speaking to each other. So although the camera is not actually "lying" it is showing you just one very small moment in time that the human eye and mind would interpret differently.

Awe....that is so sweet, true, and reassuring!

I have perfected a "picture pose" (head up, chin out, turn head slightly to left, smile, and hold). My family thinks it hilarious, but my pics do turn out better!

Super Contributor

I refuse to have my picture taken anymore. I really hope I don't look as bad in reality as I do in pictures. When I look at myself in the mirror, I don't think I look like that.

Contributor

On 1/10/2015 BonnieBelle said:

I refuse to have my picture taken anymore. I really hope I don't look as bad in reality as I do in pictures. When I look at myself in the mirror, I don't think I look like that.

{#emotions_dlg.sad} I would much rather have a "bad" pic of a loved one, than no picture at all!