Frequent Contributor

the wonderful Christmas gifts that keep on giving

hi Ladies i just wanted to remind all the generous shoppers that some great gifts to give that keep on giving is to donate to Heifer international in the gift receiver's name i have done this for the last 5 years to friends and neighbors instead of sending chocolates cheese and nuts baskets. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from my friends I mean how many candles or hand creams can you give some one? merry Christmas!

Respected Contributor

Re: the wonderful Christmas gifts that keep on giving

I like Heifer International too and have donated in the name of others as well as having the same done for me. I think it's a wonderful idea.

Valued Contributor

There are some WONDERFUL organizations that create gifts and cards for the holidays, including Unicef and St. Judes and others. There are also many local hospitals and organizations that do the same. Check your city and then your donation and gift can be useful in your community.

Respected Contributor

Any donations are the very best. I love Heifer. We choose charity's where at least 90% of the gift you give goes to help others not ""operating"" costs. My DH & I have done this for each other for Christmas for years.

Respected Contributor

I've done this in my clients' names for years. They truly seem to appreciate the donation far and above other gifts from the past.

Respected Contributor

I also like Food for the Poor and the donations are 95% I believe used. It is a group of churches that support the project and they have retired clergy that speak to various church congregations.. They send banana bark decorated Christmas cards made in Haiti that are unique. Salvation Army is my favorite local charity.

Honored Contributor

I believe in donating on my own for myself. When it comes to Christmas gifts for friends, I still like to purchase something for them whatever it may be but not donating money in their name. Like I said I can do that on my own.

kindness is strength