Frequent Contributor

the old Purity vs the Coty Purity: any changes??

I just about ready to reorder the super size Purity and after reading all the "Coty" comments and quality changes, I was hoping the powers that be had left Purity alone. No cost saving ingredients, etc to cause it to be different than originally developed? Any thoughts?? I had noticed some comments on the skin felt dry!!?? I have used purity since Cristina first introduced it as part of a TSV her first show. My skin has never had any issues with it and of course, it removes every speck of eye make up including the waterproof mascara. Now the microdelivery does not handle eye makeup unfortunately but that is never mentioned in the TV spiels probably because too harsh for the eye area but who wants another step in the pm facial care, not me.

Re: the old Purity vs the Coty Purity: any changes??

I ordered the February Philosopy TSV which included the super sized Purity.  After I had placed order, I saw comments about the PHILOSOPHY sell out to COTY and  the change of ingredients in Purity made simple. I received the order and immediately compared the ingredients. There is a definite new listing but it has so many ingredients that I am not exactly sure how many  have been changed. The person who complained about the change mentioned that alcohol had been added by COTY. Since we use it to remove mascara, it is hard to believe that you'd want alcohol in that delicate area.  QVC also needs to address this matter because the ingredient list showing is the OLD ingredient list. Help...now I don't know whether to keep or return? Has anyone else noticed the difference? The new bottle has "COTY"  listed on the bottle. 

Respected Contributor

Purity underwent formula changes even when it was still Philosophy. I remember writing them about some of the changes. It was a long time ago, but I think the cleansing ingredient was changed to a harsher one, and one of the essential oils was changed to a less costly one. The new formula didn’t agree with me and I had to stop using Purity.

In my experience, when one company buys another one, they immediately make changes to increase profits and that usually means cutting corners somewhere. When it comes to beauty, that often equals very unhappy customers. I guess they don’t care and think new customers will offset the loss of the original customer base.

I think the only way to know if a new formulation works for you is to try it. 

Respected Contributor

I am picky and i could tell no difference. Sometimes ingredients have to change if not available anymore. I have been on auto since the beginning.

Esteemed Contributor

The "new" formula is so watered down from the original formula that I switched to Dr. Denese facial wash. I have super sensitive skin and a ton ofallergies. I was so happy when I found Purity. It even removed my eye make up. Well, not any more. I was on auto delivery for the super size and kept hoping that the next bottle might be better. NOT! i did notice a dryness to my face that I had not had before. I thought I would use the leftover Purity as a hand wash and it really dried out my skin. It's stinks that the first thing a new company does is cheapen the quality of the product. I guess they are recouping the $$$ from the sale but that isn't reflected in the sale price to the customer. Drives me crazy every time.   

Honored Contributor

@littleminxwrote:

I just about ready to reorder the super size Purity and after reading all the "Coty" comments and quality changes, I was hoping the powers that be had left Purity alone. No cost saving ingredients, etc to cause it to be different than originally developed? Any thoughts?? I had noticed some comments on the skin felt dry!!?? I have used purity since Cristina first introduced it as part of a TSV her first show. My skin has never had any issues with it and of course, it removes every speck of eye make up including the waterproof mascara. Now the microdelivery does not handle eye makeup unfortunately but that is never mentioned in the TV spiels probably because too harsh for the eye area but who wants another step in the pm facial care, not me.

@littleminx. The Microdelivery Wash is for exfoliation. It is not meant to remove eye makeup....in fact, you shouldn’t even use it near the eye area.

Respected Contributor

Whenever I like a product, I save the empties for a while.  That way I don’t have to guess if a formula has changed.

There is no “he said, she said” when I have the evidence right in front of me.

Honored Contributor

@littleminx- I just received my 32 oz.  Purity about 3 weeks ago and have no complaints about the product.  It removes my makeup well and doesn't leave me feeling dry.  I use it as my makeup remover and cleanser as I don't like having to use a separate remover and cleanser.  I have combo skin and it seems to agree well with me.  Hope this helps.