Honored Contributor

At sewing club this week some of the ladies were commenting to me about how great they think my skin looks.I said my Mom had good skin so it must be genetic but one of the ladies who I have been friends with since we moved here said No - your skin has gotten nicer over the last couple years. I do not have a 'skin routine' - I wash my face with a glycerine based soap and water. But at night I have been using argon oil - not Josie Maron's as I feel that is too expensive - but a much cheaper one I get at CVS called Agidiar. I do use it religiously because I have to use a CPAP and the moisture "chaps" my face so I use the argon oil to prevent the chaping. Apparently it also improves the look of your skin! Recently, I have found my brand of argon oil on Amazon cheaper than CVS - even with the S&H.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought some argon oil and decided to use it on my face. It felt a little greasy but soon was absorbed. I didn't notice much of a change to my 70-year-old complexion but I did notice an unanticipated benefit. While putting the oil on my face, I got the argon oil all over my hands. This is the first winter in my upstate NY dry, heated environment that I don't have cracked skin on my hands. They look and feel great! The argon oil really did work some magic.

Honored Contributor

Where did you find that brand in 100% pure argan oil? All I could find under that brand are products for the hair? Argan Oil products for the hair also have other ingredients in them.

Esteemed Contributor

You can buy 100 percent pure, cold pressed, from Morocco, for a very reasonable price on Amazon.  I use it on my face every day.

Honored Contributor

Re: testiment to argon oil

[ Edited ]

It is also great for your hair and your nails and cuticles. They have many brands on Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

I use a vitamin C serum form ASDM Beverly Hills and notice it has argan oil in along with hyaluronic acid...notice a smoothing and brightening...also got Argan oil shampoo and conditioner for my dry hair..what an improvement..my hair feels silky again..Argan oil really is amazing!!!!!!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

I think it is just like all the other oils..........I see no difference in almond oil.........

Super Contributor

good for You! I bought some Theorie hair products and loved them so I tried their argon hand cream. It is amazing/ my hands and arms look so healthy. I also got the josie maran little kit from Sephora and I also had a very good experience with her whipped argan oil. I have tried a lot of oils:

Clarins Double Serum

Camellia oil -Julie Hewett from evine, no longer onevine

Skinns oils-one came with a "weekend kit" and one is in a little roller ball

I guess everyone has an oil now. I love the whipped argan products from Josie Maran and the hand cream from Theorie I will repurchase.

Trusted Contributor

Just a question regarding the argan oil. Would you put it on last after serums? Or on top of serums? I know they say thinest product to thickest but I always get confused on the product order. TIA 

Respected Contributor

@KCDiva Your argan oil would go on last. On top of your serum to "seal" in the serum or moisturizer.