Respected Contributor

tested It cc cream vs. algenist foundation

I have more time now that I am retired than money.  Yesterday I put Algenist reveal foundation in light on one side of face and It cc cream in medium on other side.  I don't think anyone could have told the difference.  I wore all day without primer and they wore the same. I took a selphie and no difference.  Algenist is going back to ulta.  I try all foundations with and without primer and never been able to tell a difference with primer. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: tested It cc cream vs. algenist foundation

Have you thought about starting a YouTube beauty channel?  Sounds like something you might enjoy...testing products for your viewers...  Smiley Happy

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

@chiclet

Never used to wear a primer until the Q years ago where I learned..not in stores back then.

Sometimes I still forget if running out the door going nowhere really why waste it?! lol.

Must say that Algenist Serum foundation made me look like a corpse.

The texture and color was orange, it accentuated lines I didn't know I have.

UGH! it oxidises I suppose too and I think I bought light med.

It's quite diff to me then It's Cc cream in the tube.

I'm light but use a medium in the CC and it looks pretty good. Not my fave but a great spf when putting on enough for protection. I am a foundation nut..love them and try them but found some pretty good ones over the the past 5 years.

Agree...no foundations look that great w/o a good primer!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I have more time now that I am retired than money.  Yesterday I put Algenist reveal foundation in light on one side of face and It cc cream in medium on other side.  I don't think anyone could have told the difference.  I wore all day without primer and they wore the same. I took a selphie and no difference.  Algenist is going back to ulta.  I try all foundations with and without primer and never been able to tell a difference with primer. 

@chiclet  I do think primers are another unnecessary step to line the pockets makeup companies. I feel stifled enough in foundation with my serum and spf and moisturizer underneath. No way would I add another layer. 

By the way, Smashbox is the first to come out w/ primers and have many incarnations. I’ve tried each one...none of them are satisfactory. Silicone is slippery, ones that mattify will sometimes cause mu to roll off in little balls, etc. 

Another product that is all hype which came out in the last several years...blurring creams/lotions. I see no difference.

What has us intent of seeking the next best thing promised to perfect skin? Selfies, instagrams, FB photos, using filters for photos.....there is no perfect.