Respected Contributor

Re: tatoos on a makeup model

It's about time.I love tattoos.
Respected Contributor

People get tattoos for many reasons, don't be so judgmental{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Respected Contributor

One of my nieces just turned thirty-one. She is a medical anthropologist for a very prestigious federal agency. She is also an accomplished violinist. She has beautiful hair and a gorgeous complexion. She has a whole lotta ink going on beneath the very conservative clothes she has to wear for work.
Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Silver Lining said: One of my nieces just turned thirty-one. She is a medical anthropologist for a very prestigious federal agency. She is also an accomplished violinist. She has beautiful hair and a gorgeous complexion. She has a whole lotta ink going on beneath the very conservative clothes she has to wear for work.

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 jaxs mom said:
On 4/1/2015 Sooner said:

Like clothing, shoes, makeup and all the other ways we decorate ourselves with, they send a message about who you are. The way we make ourselves appear is a message to the rest of the world. This isn't an opinion or a belief or a prejudice. It's a fact. Whether we like it or not, we send a message by our appearance.

I'm not making my life decisions based on what some small minded prejudiced people might think when I walk down the street. That's about them not me.

That's what I am talking about. HOW you dress and look says a LOT about how you think. You don't dress for others, probably your look reflects that. . . I'm just saying our dress and what we display is a reflection of how we think. Someone else talks about a girl who covers up her tatts with conservative clothing--that by itself reflects how SHE feels.

So, yes, tattoos send a message--chosen by the one wearing them. I don't see how you can deny that. . . And probably you let people just how prejudiced you are against a lot of people by looking at how THEY dress.

Respected Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Crisso said:

#selfexpression #universal #freedom #knowledge #peace #TheExploratriceTattoo Ideas, Tattooideas, Butternut Squashes, Feet Tattoo, Mandalas Tattoo, A Tattoo, Tattoo Design, Tattoo Ink, Flower Tattoo

This is pretty, but I can't even imagine how uncomfortable it must have been to get! I wonder if they do sedation tattoos?

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Perkup said:
On 4/1/2015 ChynnaBlue said:
On 4/1/2015 Perkup said:

I've never seen a tattoo that I thought enhanced the person sporting it. So it wouldn't tempt me to buy a cosmetic brand that used models with tattoos to present their wares.

The tattoo doesn't come with the beauty product and has no bearing on my decisions.

It may not matter to you, but it makes a huge difference to me. I don't like tattoos, and I would not buy a product that was being promoted with or by someone who has one. Sorry. I know lots of you think they are wonderful - to me they make a woman look cheap

I have a very pretty niece who is named after me, whom I have seen crying her eyes out over and over because she got several large ones on her arms, and they can't be hidden. She hates them now, but is afraid to go through the discomfort (and she says the possible disfigurement) of having them removed. Plus it is very costly. I've offered to help her financially, but she says she made the mistake and she wants to do this on her own. I can respect her for that, but I don't like those tattoos.

This is totally illogical. Even if you think she looks cheap with tattoos (which is a whole other ball of ridiculous wax), what do you think, that it rubs off on your if you use the same product she does? I don't shop in places where they donate money to causes I don't like or don't treat their workers well because my money would go to support those practices. Buying a cosmetic from a seller who uses a model who has a tattoo doesn't mean the spread of tattoos.

That's daft.

Esteemed Contributor

And what about those who choose to put scripture on their entire bodies, like Colin Kaepernik, does that make them bad people? I think not! Do fans boycott 49ers games because of the qbs tattoo. Kind of distorted thinking IMO
Regular Contributor

I'm 58 and I have 3 tattoos... so far. My first one I got 9 years ago. I designed it for me and my husband who had just passed away from Multiple Myeloma only 5 months after we found out he had cancer. The second one I got was 7 years ago to commemorate the beginnings of "healing" (you never heal) after my husbands death. The third one was last year, in honor of my dad who passed away only 2 weeks after his diagnosis of cancer.

I think all three of them are beautiful. If someone wants to judge me by the tattoos I have, that's their loss.

Super Contributor

On 4/2/2015 WenGirl42 said:
On 4/1/2015 Crisso said:

#selfexpression #universal #freedom #knowledge #peace #TheExploratriceTattoo Ideas, Tattooideas, Butternut Squashes, Feet Tattoo, Mandalas Tattoo, A Tattoo, Tattoo Design, Tattoo Ink, Flower Tattoo

This is pretty, but I can't even imagine how uncomfortable it must have been to get! I wonder if they do sedation tattoos?

No kidding! {#emotions_dlg.scared} I am hoping this is a henna tattoo!