Honored Contributor

Re: tatoos on a makeup model

I don't care if people get tatoos. I don't care for them. My late husband used to say that when he was in the Army he'd see a lot of old men and women who had tatoos. They'd gotten them when they were young and now their skin was wrinkled. He said he didn't think they looked attractive. I have never seen anyone old with one.

I would think it depends on where they are as to it affecting a job. I live in the Washington, DC area. I've never seen any professionals, i.e. Drs, Senators, Congressmen, lawyers, etc with tatoos that are showing.

There might be a few but not that many. I've asked friends who work in these offices and they say the same thing.

I equate it somewhat with somoking marijuana. My daughter lives in Colorado where it's legal. She has worked in several professional offices. They all (as does all of her friend's offices) test for it. In other words, you can't work there if you smoke it.

Interesting in our family. When my three daughters went off to college, my husband told them the only two things he asked is that they tried their hardest and that they didn't get any tatoos. If he saw a tatoo, he was no longer paying for any college (he paid for everything). For some reason they never got a tatoo. He's deceased so it's not like it matters and they've said 'no tatoos'.

Everyone has his or her ideas on it.

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2015 annabellethecat said:

I don't care if people get tatoos. I don't care for them. My late husband used to say that when he was in the Army he'd see a lot of old men and women who had tatoos. They'd gotten them when they were young and now their skin was wrinkled. He said he didn't think they looked attractive. I have never seen anyone old with one.

I would think it depends on where they are as to it affecting a job. I live in the Washington, DC area. I've never seen any professionals, i.e. Drs, Senators, Congressmen, lawyers, etc with tatoos that are showing.

There might be a few but not that many. I've asked friends who work in these offices and they say the same thing.

I equate it somewhat with somoking marijuana. My daughter lives in Colorado where it's legal. She has worked in several professional offices. They all (as does all of her friend's offices) test for it. In other words, you can't work there if you smoke it.

Interesting in our family. When my three daughters went off to college, my husband told them the only two things he asked is that they tried their hardest and that they didn't get any tatoos. If he saw a tatoo, he was no longer paying for any college (he paid for everything). For some reason they never got a tatoo. He's deceased so it's not like it matters and they've said 'no tatoos'.

Everyone has his or her ideas on it.

My daughter is an attorney, highly regarded in her profession and in addition helps to run her firm as a partner. She has numerous tats. And she is the 1% of this country who help pay the highest taxes, thank you very much.

I wouldn't discriminate against anyone because she is a living example that people need not judge a book by its cover. It speaks a lot more about the person judging than it does about the person being judged.

Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2015 Crisso said:
On 4/2/2015 WenGirl42 said:
On 4/1/2015 Crisso said:

#selfexpression #universal #freedom #knowledge #peace #TheExploratriceTattoo Ideas, Tattooideas, Butternut Squashes, Feet Tattoo, Mandalas Tattoo, A Tattoo, Tattoo Design, Tattoo Ink, Flower Tattoo

This is pretty, but I can't even imagine how uncomfortable it must have been to get! I wonder if they do sedation tattoos?

No kidding! {#emotions_dlg.scared} I am hoping this is a henna tattoo!

I think it is pretty but I too thought "ouchie" when I saw it because my feet are pretty darn sensitive, especially in the arch area. yikes! It does look like it might be henna though. I really love the henna body art.

Regular Contributor

On 4/3/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 4/3/2015 Crisso said:
On 4/2/2015 WenGirl42 said:
On 4/1/2015 Crisso said:

#selfexpression #universal #freedom #knowledge #peace #TheExploratriceTattoo Ideas, Tattooideas, Butternut Squashes, Feet Tattoo, Mandalas Tattoo, A Tattoo, Tattoo Design, Tattoo Ink, Flower Tattoo

This is pretty, but I can't even imagine how uncomfortable it must have been to get! I wonder if they do sedation tattoos?

No kidding! {#emotions_dlg.scared} I am hoping this is a henna tattoo!

I think it is pretty but I too thought "ouchie" when I saw it because my feet are pretty darn sensitive, especially in the arch area. yikes! It does look like it might be henna though. I really love the henna body art.

This IS more of a henna design than a tattoo design. My daughter is a henna artist. www.sarahenna.com !!