Regular Contributor

@World Traveler  In my experience with the Essence I don't think it plumps my skin, but it makes my serums penetrate faster and I need less amount of serum and moisturizer after using it.  It also helps me with redness.  I ran out a few weeks ago and now I know how much difference it makes.  I am using more products and my rosacea prone skin has those tomato red patches again.  Of course, everybody's experience is different, but I think the Essence is a must have in my skincare routine.

Honored Contributor

Tatch TSV June 2019.jpg

$145.92 - A369644

Featuring three products from the luxurious Ageless Collection--plus the skin softening The Essence--this four-piece TATCHA kit makes the perfect pick-up for your face and neck. And with this Auto-Delivery plan, a new shipment arrives approximately every 90 days for one year.

Formulated with 98.7% Hadasei-3 Complex--a combination of uji green tea, Okinawa mozuku algae, and Akita rice--the Essence is a skin softener. In a test after five minutes, it provided an average of 148% improvement in hydration.

Developed for the neck and decollete, Ageless Revitalizing Neck Cream is also formulated with Hadasei-3 Complex, plus squalene that helps hydrate the skin to improve the appearance of dry fine lines and wrinkles. In a consumer survey after four weeks, 100% of subjects agreed their neck was softer and smoother.

Formulated with peony, Ageless Enriching Renewal Cream is an enriching moisturizer that contains Hadasei-3 Bioactive Complex, a complex of rice bran extract, red algae, and green tea. This trio of moisturizing and antioxidant ingredients helps moisturize and fight free radical attack.

Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream is an intensive topical that helps moisturize the skin to help soften the appearance of dry lines and wrinkles. It acts as a topical brightener to reduce the appearance of dark circles.

How do I use it: Use The Essence after cleansing. Dispense one to two shakes onto hand. Press hands together to stretch liquid over both palms. Press palms into face.

Dispense a pea-size amount of neck cream on fingertips. Distribute evenly on the neck and decollete using upward strokes.

With goldtone spoon, scoop a pea-sized amount of renewal cream. Dot on forehead, cheeks, and chin. Massage over face to distribute.

Use finger to complete two to three circular rotations around the pot to retrieve eye cream. Dot around the eyes. Gently massage into the skin.

From TATCHA.

• Each shipment includes 5.1-fl oz The Essence, 1.7-fl oz Ageless Revitalizing Neck Cream, 1.86-fl oz Ageless Enriching Renewal Cream, and 0.38-fl oz Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream; shipments arrive approximately every 90 days for one year
  • Please click on the About Auto-Delivery tab for more information
  • Imported
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler  @glam_girl & all

Tempting.

However, I'm on auto-delivery for another set.

Don't have the eye cream, neck cream, or Essence, but the enriching renewal (which sounds lush) would be  a duplicate for my current Tatcha auto-delivery of The Water Cream. Day moisturizers.

The kit I now use and get includes the Water Cream (day), the deep hydration firming serum, the Vitamin C (love!), the pearl (under eye brightener) and the night cream.

Trying to figure out how to think about this . . .

Regular Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@World Traveler  @glam_girl & all

Tempting.

However, I'm on auto-delivery for another set.

Don't have the eye cream, neck cream, or Essence, but the enriching renewal (which sounds lush) would be  a duplicate for my current Tatcha auto-delivery of The Water Cream. Day moisturizers.

The kit I now use and get includes the Water Cream (day), the deep hydration firming serum, the Vitamin C (love!), the pearl (under eye brightener) and the night cream.

Trying to figure out how to think about this . . .

@1ProfessorI bought the TSV last year on AD and the only different thing is that they swapped the exfoliating powder with the neck cream.  About the TSV this time around I have tried everything with the exception of the neck cream.  The Essence is in my top 5 favorite Tatcha products and the moisturizer is fantastic for dry skin.  I see that you are using the Water Cream and the textures are night and day, very different, water-like versus rich and creamy.  If you love Water Cream you might want to use it during the day and leave the Ageless Moisturizer to use at night.  The eye cream did not wow me.  I think it is too rich for my skin and I didn't see any noticeable results besides a little bit of illumination, but then again I am spoiled with Dr. Murad's retinol youth renewal eye serum in terms of absorption and results.  I am on the fence with this TSV because I was hoping for free shipping and I won't use two of the products as much.  

Honored Contributor

@glam_girl When I find a kit where I really only want/need half of the products, I have found it works out about the same moneywise if I don't get the kit and only buy the half of the products I really like. That way I don't have products sitting on my shelf that is there only because it came as part of something else I really wanted.

Decisions, decisions! ha!

Respected Contributor

I have 3/4 of these products.  I don't have the neck cream.  The face cream and eye cream are extremely heavy (although lovely products, very moisturizing).  I find this kit not very seasonally appropriate, as a lot of people go with lighter textured products in warm humid months of summer.  I do, at least.  Otherwise I end up a greaseball. It is overall a very good value for that kit.  Those items are pricey to buy each one on their own. 

Respected Contributor

@glam_girl @World Traveler @Grouchomarx & all

Two new concerns:

It appears, once opened, TATCHA has a 6 month life.

Further, Tatcha was just sold (another thread!), so history has it that formulas will change . . .

Stocking up or having two things opened that you don't use often seems not wise.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@glam_girl @World Traveler @Grouchomarx & all

Two new concerns:

It appears, once opened, TACHA has a 6 month life.

Further, Tacha was just sold (another thread!), so history has it that formulas will change . . .

Stocking up or having two things opened that you don't use often seems not wise.

I'm not buying it.  I have enough Tatcha on hand.  For some reason their products take forever to use up.  I made the mistake of buying an extra facial cleansing oil a while ago when it was on sale and it ended up taking me like 400 years to finish the existing one.  I don't necessarily buy into the 6 month shelf life. If a product still performs well and has the same consistency and aroma as when it was new, I will continue using it.  Unless it had a chemical sunscreen, as you do have to mind those expiration dates.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor I'm surprised at the six month "open" life of the products. I usually hear one year once opened by many of the skin line companies. Hmmmm..

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@1Professor I'm surprised at the six month "open" life of the products. I usually hear one year once opened by many of the skin line companies. Hmmmm..

@World Traveler  Someone on another thread talked to Tatcha and they confirmed 6 months when opened, which might speak to the quality of the ingredients . . .