Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 Info about Dame Perfumery fragrances

hey, @suzyQ3! I purchased the Dame Perfumery Desert Rose fragrance on your recommendation, and I really like it. I had a sample of the Black Flower Mexican Vanilla, but it wasn't my cup of tea, as I'm not a big fan of vanilla fragrances. I'm interested in maybe getting some samples of a few of their other fragrances, and would love your input. I prefer clean and floral. I can do a bit of musk, but not too much, as it pulls really heavy on me. Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts on any other fragrances you've tried! 

Honored Contributor

Re: @suzyQ3 Info about Dame Perfumery fragrances

[ Edited ]

@FUTURE, hey, there. I'm glad you like Desert Rose. It's a fascinating scent. Sometimes I layer it with Lucy B Royal Green Fig and Vanilla Woods. A rebel, I am. :-)

I get samples from Jeffrey often. I received all his new soliflores (one-note florals).

So far, though, I haven't found anything else that is full bottle-worthy, although all are extremely well-executed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

How do you like the Green Fig? That one sounds interesting! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FUTURE wrote:

How do you like the Green Fig? That one sounds interesting! 

@FUTURE I do think it's a very good fragrance and not the kind of scent you find everyone and his mother wearing these days. It is not girly or fruity or floral.

Fragrantica categorizes it as a "woody spicy" perfume and describes it this way:

Lucy B launches Royal Collection for holyday season 2010, inspired by the natural beauties of Australia. Royal Green Fig and Vanilla Woods is a warm and sensual woody fragrance that opens with fresh notes of green fig and pepper, with heart and base of green leaves, creamy coconut and vanilla. Notes: green fig, pepper, green notes of leaves, coconut, vanilla and woody notes.

It really isn't overly spicy or woody to me, and the vanilla and coconut add a nice touch of sweetness without being overpowering. The best part is that it's dirt cheap. I'm not sure whether I will repurchase, but that's mostly due to the fact that I have so many perfumes. There are maybe just a handful that I would even consider buying again because there are always new ones -- or new ones to me -- to try. :-)

If you google the name, you can check out the few reviews that are on fragrantica and maybe elsewhere. Oh, and it's a beautiful bottle, as are all the Lucy B perfumes.

figgy

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3  Thank you!! I'll definitely look into that one. I can do a little spice and woods - especially to mix it up a bit. I just bought a trio of the Replica fragrances from Sephora (Beach Walk, Lazy Sunday, and Tea something-or-other), and I'm excited to try that. I had a promo code that got me several perfume samples in a little travel bag, so I have a LOT to try. A few I knew I didn't like, so I'm passing those on, but I'll be spritzing til the cows come home at this rate! Lol!!