Honored Contributor

I will be 68 this year, the sun damage from many years ago ,on arms,at this point in my life ,will any thing help?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Welcome ot my world, you mean brown spots??

Esteemed Contributor

I have come to welcome seeping blood bruises from IVs, at least they mask a multitude of sins.

Regular Contributor

My dermatologist scheduled me for a blue light treatment. 

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining:  I just had to chuckle about what you said - thats pitiful and sounded just like my Mother.

Bless your heart and let’s all smile!

Honored Contributor

UV Protecting sleeves. Like the ones people with expensive tattoos wear.

Any sun damage treatments or products you use on your arms can make the skin even more sun sensitive. So it's wise to protect the area during treatment, so you don't lose your progress. With hand washing etc, it is difficult to keep adequete sunscreen on the lower forearm area all day long.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest. It's  probably best to consult with a dermatologist to see if the spots can be removed or faded.  As you age, your skin thins and every little bump or scratch makes a big purple spot which fades to a tan spot.  If I'm  going to work in the yard, I wear long sleeves.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

UV Protecting sleeves. Like the ones people with expensive tattoos wear.

Any sun damage treatments or products you use on your arms can make the skin even more sun sensitive. So it's wise to protect the area during treatment, so you don't lose your progress. With hand washing etc, it is difficult to keep adequete sunscreen on the lower forearm area all day long.

Too late for me!!

Honored Contributor

I guess i will just live with it, when i was young i had so many bad burns, blisters included, so i will just except them.That Indiana sun,and we had no sunscreen,that i knew of .Oh well!!

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  Never too late. Woman Wink What I meant was, use the sleeves while you are using vitamin C and hydroquinone and retinoids and arbutin and laser treatments and whatnot to work on the damage. To protect what you are doing. Heart I assume others will chime in with great treatments. It's just so important to prevent even more damage that would just make things worse.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr