Respected Contributor

Re: suggestions for best makeup to wear when taking a drivers license picture.

Those pictures never look good no matter what. Don't worry about it.

Super Contributor

On 8/29/2014 kate2357 said: For years my DL listed my wt as 125. In my mid 30's I quit smoking and then broke my ankle and I put on a lot of wt. I go to renew my DL and the gal looks at the wt and says. ' no way honey' ...you're way over 125. I told her I just had a baby and that my normal wt IS 125. She shook her head and said fine in a very snotty way. Cut to this year and I go in to a podunk office to get my DL and the guy looks at my wt and asks...you sticking to this number? And I said why yes , yes I am. I told him that if something ever happened to me and they put my picture up on the local news, there was no way they would further humiliate me by saying my wt too. He just laughed and kept my wt at 125. I can honestly say that at some point in my life I weighed 125....but I am quite sure it was in the previous century!
LOL! I always say I am 5'10" when I am only 5'8"! They have never questioned me on that. Makes my weight to height ratio better... WINK WINK Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I'm sorry to say, it won't help. THeir cameras bite and so does the lighting and the background. I think all the states do that on purpose.

Honored Contributor

I only ever had one good picture and wouldn't you know it, after 6 months, my purse was stolen and I had to get it retaken. Now they just can pull it up from online and send another with the same picture.

The time before last when I had to get my picture for my license, they kept saying let's take another because they were so awful and after the 7th try I just said that one is fine. I just accepted that that must be what I actually look like. One time I forgot and I only had 3 days left to get my picture and I was on my 2nd round of prednisone for bronchitis and my face was puffy and my eyes swollen due to an ear infection. That one looked like a real prison photo after I was in a fight. I terrorized my co workers with that until I got a new one.. AND I won the worst driver license photo contest every year I had it!!!

Now I just look at it as a conversation starter when I have to show it to anyone.

Frequent Contributor

At a motor vehicle office in Miami, the camera had a sign that said, "If you want a better picture. Bring a better face."
Super Contributor

On 8/29/2014 Pook said:

I only ever had one good picture and wouldn't you know it, after 6 months, my purse was stolen and I had to get it retaken. Now they just can pull it up from online and send another with the same picture.

The time before last when I had to get my picture for my license, they kept saying let's take another because they were so awful and after the 7th try I just said that one is fine. I just accepted that that must be what I actually look like. One time I forgot and I only had 3 days left to get my picture and I was on my 2nd round of prednisone for bronchitis and my face was puffy and my eyes swollen due to an ear infection. That one looked like a real prison photo after I was in a fight. I terrorized my co workers with that until I got a new one.. AND I won the worst driver license photo contest every year I had it!!!

Now I just look at it as a conversation starter when I have to show it to anyone.

Pook, this was so funny to read! I mean it in a good way Smiley Happy
Contributor

On 8/29/2014 lynnmc2066 said:

In our state the license is good for six years which is just silly. (When you are of a certain age do they think you look the same for six years?)

I had mine done last month and the photo is absolutely horrific. The camera angle was too close - I look like a Halloween pumpkin with glasses. I'm thinking about ""losing"" it and having another photo taken.

I had to show it recently and the store clerk started laughing hysterically. Didn't help my self-esteem.

Honored Contributor

I just had mine done recently, too, and received it last week. It's okay. I took care with my makeup, and just went with a basic look that used neutrals. I never guessed that the day would be so windy, and my hair would be a mess from walking the distance from where I parked into the building. What can you do? And I wore a top that I thought would photograph well, but it doesn't even show in the photo. In CA...they really zoom now. None of the clothing can be seen.
Super Contributor

When I have to stop and think WHAT MAKEUP TO WEAR TO GET MY DRIVERS LICENSE PICTURE TAKEN, Is the day I have to much time on my hands.
Super Contributor

On 8/29/2014 irishmama5 said: When I have to stop and think WHAT MAKEUP TO WEAR TO GET MY DRIVERS LICENSE PICTURE TAKEN, Is the day I have to much time on my hands.
Retired...guilty! Smiley Happy