Frequent Contributor

He sure isn’t getting the air time like he did on Evine. I think he was a lot more comfortable with the Evine hosts. I hope he is as successful at HSN as he was at Evine. I use several of his products and would buy from his website if need be. In the meantime former Evine vendors,The Beekman Boys are getting a lot of airtime.........

Frequent Contributor

Lets not forget Dr Denese and the work she has admittedly had done and several people love her products and swear that they work......

Contributor

Honestly, I thought with Skinn going to HSN would be a great thing.  I don't think it has been.  I keep on missing him when he's on.  I never know when he is on unless I see it in the forums.  They never seem to promote him.  Unless Demteri agreed to less shows and possibly at off hours. I hope he does not regret moving from Evine.

As much as Evine's shipping pricing is horrible.  In a strange sort of way with Skinn they made it up with the kits they offered with his products.  Since going to HSN,  he seems to offer less products and less special kits (like jumbo sizing of his AM/PM cleansers with maybe the pore reducing serums as part of the kit). Even Evine would offer special pricing once in a while on his popular stuff, even if they were not jumbo sized (like the AM/PM cleanser) for people who did not want to buy a special offer kit. HSN has not done that from what I have seen.

I do agree that when I have watched him, he seems to have toned down his personality.  He did seem to get along better with some the Evine hosts. I personally can't stand Bobby Jo.  Which sucks, as if he is going to be paired with her, I feel like I won't be able to watch (which in the end,  it is him really selling his products vs. her. I understand that with some of the newer vendors, they do need a host to help them sell, as they still very green. But Skinn, Beekman,  IT,  Josie, Nick Chavez, Logo are so used to the camera and selling, the host is just a side kick to them at that point, if that makes sense).  

Speaking of Beekman,   they got a better deal. Like a couple other posters pointed out. While their pricing has stayed the same (well I noticed that the wipes 4 pack has gone up),  you are still saving as HSN offers free shipping or if they do charge shipping, it is $3.99 vs. $6.99 that Evine offered. I think live cute goats help too, ha ha.  Maybe they have a better story to tell vs. Demetri. Plus name dropping Martha Stewart helps alot. 

Contributor

Beauty Addict I agree one hundred percent!   People here kep saying "now we have free shipping"  Well, the bottom line is higher....you may have free shipping but prices are much higher, so either way they are getting the money.  I will be extremely dissappointed if he stops the kits all together.  Thats the only way I can afford his line.  As much as I like it, I will have to find a replacement.  I think he will see a huge drop in says....even if he is now on HSN.

Contributor

Sorry meant to say "Huge drop in salesSmiley Frustrated

I miss the days on Evine.  Previous poster is also right in saying he doesnt seem comfortable with these hosts.  I cant put my finger on it, but something is off.  Maybe he is regretting his move already...who knows??? ....certainly not meSmiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Dimitri has quite a following and I am included in that group. He is who he is. Actually he is more subdued right now. It's almost like one would act on their first day on the job. Hopefully in time he will feel more comfortable to open up his fun personality. He is a wealth of knowledge. So hope that HSN gives him more airtime.

Valued Contributor
Dimitri does seem subdued. I don't think Bobbie is a good pairing. He seemed more comfortable with Amy. Hope he won't regret the move. He was Mr. Evine. I feel he has more competition at HSN. It seems they are testing to see how much he sells. Unfortunately, I haven't ordered anything. Those of us who watched D on Evine know they charge more to compensate for free shipping. Wonder if Evine would take him back?
Honored Contributor

Skinn used to be a big fish in a small pond. Now they're a big fish in a giant lake.

I want to see my dang DWP body butter for sale. And in the exact same formulation and size and sale price as before. (Fine with me if it goes up by $6 to make up for free shipping). Glad to see the original Lip 6x serum back, though, even if it isn't in the larger size.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I think everyone is jumping the gun with their second guessing and worry.  Yes, Dimitri is more subdued.  Aren't we all when we're put into a new situation?  HSN isn't going to suddenly give him a bunch of hours right off the bat.  They're all getting used to one another.  Give him/them time.  I think product offerings will continue to increase over time as well but that they didn't want to overwhelm everyone with too much too soon.  

Now that that some of the same vendors are appearing both on HSN and QVC, does anyone think like me, that Dimitri/Skinn will eventually be on QVC?  Surely the PTB at The Q are aware of all the Skinn discussions here on their forum.  Just a thought.  

Super Contributor

I have been a follower of Dimitri since his Parthena days.  I rarely missed him on Evine.  I have yet to catch him since he went to HSN.  I wish HSN would post his schedule.