Respected Contributor

@silliemee. I need your advice. 😊

I received my Anself silicone facial cleansing device today. Did you charge yours before using? Any tips you can provide will be greatly appreciated! Do you put the cleanser on your device or your face? I'm having trouble reading the directions. The print is very light in color. Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

Re: @silliemee. I need your advice. 😊

[ Edited ]

Yes, I charged it before using. A single charge will last about 8 months with regular use. On the smooth side of the device is where I put my cleanser then slather it on my damp face. Wet the nubby side, turn it on and cleanse by moving it in a circular motion. The thing has an interval timer built in so you'll know when to move it to another section of your face. @wvumountiefan

ETA:  don't use any clay-based cleansers with your device. Clay products can damage the silicone.

Super Contributor

I received my unit yesterday and used it last night the same as Sillemee described.   I liked it, especially the multiple speeds.  Can't wait to use it again tonight!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes, I charged it before using. A single charge will last about 8 months with regular use. On the smooth side of the device is where I put my cleanser then slather it on my damp face. Wet the nubby side, turn it on and cleanse by moving it in a circular motion. The thing has an interval timer built in so you'll know when to move it to another section of your face. @wvumountiefan

ETA:  don't use any clay-based cleansers with your device. Clay products can damage the silicone.

Thank you so much @SilleeMee !! I so appreciate your recommendation and help! I am excited to use this device, and it is a brand new cleansing journey for me. I'll let ya know how it's going! 😊

Honored Contributor

Thank you for your kind words @wvumountiefanWoman Happy I'm very happy to help! Hope you enjoy new brush. What color did you get?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

Is it a similar device to the Foreo Luna? I got the play recently in my dermstore Beauty Box

Incidentally, while it is more expensive, I recommend it highly over the Ipsy or the Birchbox if you enjoy the monthly samples

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SilleeMee

Is it a similar device to the Foreo Luna? I got the play recently in my dermstore Beauty Box

Incidentally, while it is more expensive, I recommend it highly over the Ipsy or the Birchbox if you enjoy the monthly samples

Yes, the Anself is a dupe for the Foreo Luna Mini. My Foreo died a while back and that's when I discovered this Anself. It works just as good and it cost me $9 not $99. @Andreatoo

BTW, I love The Dermstore.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thank you for your kind words @wvumountiefanWoman Happy I'm very happy to help! Hope you enjoy new brush. What color did you get?

@SilleeMee  Sorry I got busy last evening and didn't check back in.. I got the pink one. I did let it charge all nigh. I used it in the shower this morning and when I got out my face felt very soft. It's so different than anything I've ever used, but I think I will like it. TBH my Clarisonic, I quit using as it caused those small broken blood vessels on my cheeks. This device is much more gentle. 

Again, thanks so much for your help. This is why I love these forums!