Trusted Contributor
🖐️ @ shortyshorty07
You like your items? That's great! Idk about a fuschia purple blush either 🤪 but have you tried it to see what it looks like?
I was thinking about that highlighter as a topper too- for some less pigmented cream blushes. I'm glad you like the w&w liner. I'm finding out that with a good liner pencil you can just add a light gloss and it looks great 👍
I've got some great $$ waiting on me at CVS. Besides the mascara ( wasn't it CoverGirl in the pink tube?) , do you have any other recommendations for me? I'm thinking about the L'Oreal lumi glow foundation. I'm about to purge my less than great foundations anyway. Does Walgreens have the same brands? I've never checked to see. I wish they would both carry Catrice. Some CVS stores carry Essence but not C.
Sorry I haven't been checking in to watch for your posts 😔
Having a good weekend so far?
I have to get the house clean today. Mama wants to come here for dinner tomorrow. She doesn't want to eat out anywhere 🤷
Respected Contributor

@Midmod Hey Midmod Smiley Very Happy! I do enjoy the products- except that fuschia purple blush. It's a pretty color, but I tried it on and it looked like I put a grape popsicle all over my cheeks.  The Wet n Wild lip liner is great, it works really well on its own or with my light pink lipsticks. My favorite mascara is Maybelline Sky High Mascara and I also really like L'oreal Voluminous mascara. L'oreal Lumi Glow foundation is really nice, you'll like it.  Other product recommendations: NYX Makeup Epic Ink Liquid Eyeliner in brown is super pretty.  Loreal Tru Match Lumi Bronze It powder compact is my favorite bronzer for my fair skintone- it has a slight shimmer and it gives a really nice glow. Walgreens has some of the same brands as CVS, but the nearest CVS closed down, so I'm sticking to Walgreens for now  CVS was great while it lasted- I liked getting candy and makeup there.  

I'm having a great weekend so far- I'm making my caramel popcorn and I'm marinading some chipotle shrimp and chicken to grill up for my family.tonight,  We're going to celebrate Mother's Day tomorrow.. I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day with your Mamma Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
Awww@shortyshorty07-
You're so sweet 🎂
We haven't had any of our CVS stores closing in our area. I don't think it was in all states. I wonder if the blush could be used as a cream eyeshadow instead?
I have heard that the lumi bronzer is highly rated for fair skin tones.
You sound like an amazing cook. Have you ever thought about videoing your own time in the kitchen? Lots of ppl want to learn to cook. I'd watch and subscribe 👍. I have no imagination in the kitchen 😉
Respected Contributor

Re: @shortyshorty07 J Cat

[ Edited ]

@Midmod  Thank you, you're sweet too! I think that the biggest CVS in my city closed because it lost a ton of customers during the pandemic.  Ooh that is a fantastic idea, Midmod! Maybe I could use the cream blush as an eyeshadow- it would make my green eyes pop Smiley Happy. The Loreal Lumi Bronzer is so great and its huge- probably the size of a baseball in width and it lasts forever.  I love cooking- I went to culinary school for a year before I went to art college and I have thought of either creating a youtube cooking channel or creating my own small dessert business. I don't have a camera, I'd have to get that sometime and those can be pretty pricy.  That's so nice that you'd subscribe- thank you! Smiley Very Happy  Have you purchased some fun new beauty or self care products? Any good bargains this month? 

Trusted Contributor

Screenshot_20240512-091713.pngScreenshot_20240512-091640.png

Hi 😊 

Yes, I've been getting great deals at bealls outlet. Are you familiar with this brand? I find the micellar water at TJM but have also found this at bealls as well. The bottles are huge. I always use a cleansing cream or lotion to wash my face at night. I especially love this huge bottle of cream makeup remover when exfoliating. I add a couple pumps to my dollar tree find real techniques exfoliating sponge and it's so gentle. 

Girl I find this at TJM for $6 & under. I find things cheaper at BO tho so I check there first. My last two big bottles I found at BO both under $7😊. 

Funny story tho about that. I visited my cuz who's 10 yrs younger than me just yesterday. She's building a new house and gave me a lot of great stuff from Ulta she doesn't want/use! So she had all this great Olay/Roc skincare she uses and she's experiencing a lot of tzone redness still. I asked a few Q' s and she's not washing her face at night 😱😱

Well I said " no wonder"!  So I was so concerned I gave her the last big bottle I had purchased before visiting her yesterday! I'll find more. It was a backup anyway

Why don't you ask your friends and coworkers and family to keep their ears open in case someone is trying to sell a nice camera. That would be the only way I could afford one too. I think you have a great personality and very sweet person and I think that would translate well in a video. Everyone on this forum would definitely watch I'm sure! 

And guess what? I have green eyes too 😊

Respected Contributor

@Midmod  Your micellar water and cleansing lotions look nice! You got great deals on those Smiley Very Happy.  Micellar water is great, its the only thing that gets all of my eye makeup off and I like that it doesn't sting my eyes when I use it.  You are a great cousin to give her one of your cleansers and she's great to surprise you with her Ulta items- it sounds like you both had a nice gift exchange! She'll wash her face every day and think of you Smiley Happy  Thank you for your kind words and compliments- I think you're also sweet with a great personality! I'd have to find a camera, learn how to video edit and figure out what to do for my different recipe videos.  If I do try it, I'll definitely let you and everyone know Smiley Happy.